PřF:F4090 Electrodyn.and theory of rel. - Course Information
F4090 Electrodynamics and theory of relativityFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 3 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Franz Hinterleitner, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Franz Hinterleitner, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michael Krbek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Michal Lenc, Ph.D.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Franz Hinterleitner, Ph.D.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( F1030 Mechanics and molecular physic && F2050 Electricity and magnetism )||( F1040 Mechanics and molecular physics && F2070 Electricity and magnetism )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Survey of vector analysis. Coulomb's law. Newton's law. Biot-Savart's law. Laplace's and Poisson's equations. Electric and magnetic properties of matter. Boundary value problems in electrostatics and magnetostatics. Differential and integral form of Maxwell's equations. Microscopic and macroscopic Maxwell equations. Electromagnetic potentials. Electromagnetic waves. Energy and momentum of the electromagnetic field. Charged particle in an electromagnetic field. Basic principles of the theory of relativity. 4-dimensional formulation of Maxwell's equation and of relativistic mechanics. Gravitational field in relativistic mechanics.
- LANDAU, Lev Davidovič and Jevgenij Michajlovič LIFŠIC. The classical theory of fields. Translated by Morton Hamermesh. 4th rev. Engl. ed. Oxford: Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann, 1975. xiii, 428. ISBN 0-7506-2768-9. info
- HALLIDAY, David, Robert RESNICK and Jearl WALKER. Fyzika, část 3, Elektřina a magnetismus (Physics). 1st ed. Brno, Praha: Vutium, Prometheus, 2001. ISBN 80-214-1868-0. info
- LANDAU, Lev Davidovič and Jevgenij Michajlovič LIFŠIC. Teoretičeskaja fizika. T. 2, Teorija polja [Landau, 1973]. 6. ispr. i dop. izd. Moskva: Nauka, 1973. 504 s. info
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses