PřF:Bi7533c Soil ecotox. - lab. course - Course Information
Bi7533c Soil ecotoxicology - laboratory courseFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Jakub Hofman, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- prof. RNDr. Ivan Holoubek, CSc.
Research Centre for Toxic Compounds in the Environment (RECETOX) - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Jakub Hofman, Ph.D.
- NOW ( Bi7533 Soil ecotoxicology )
It is good if students attend Bi7533 Soil ecotoxicology lecture as well. Basic knowledge of general ecotoxicology is preferred.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is laboratory praxis, where students are acquainted with basic soil ecotoxicity bioassays and learn how to perform these tests.
After attending the course, students should be able to:
Prepare OECD artificial soil and determine its properties
Calculate concentrations of tested chemical spiked to the soil
Prepare contaminated soil
Manipulate with soil organisms
Test soil ecotoxicity with four soil bioassays
Evaluate dose - response curves with several statistical methods
- 1. Start of earthworm Eisenia fetida culture 2. Start of enchytraeid Enchytraeus albidus and Enchytraeus crypticus culture 3. Start of springtail Folsomia candida culture 4. Start of nematode Caenorhabditis elegans culture 5. Learning how to care for cultures, culture books, plan of rota 6. Care for cultures (routine during the term) 7. Artificial soil preparation, control of pH and WHC 8. Spiking the soil with toxic chemical at desired concentrations 9. Start of Eisenia fetida test 10. Start of Enchytraeus albidus and Enchytraeus crypticus tests 11. Start of Folsomia candida test 12. Start of Caenorhabditis elegans test and the evaluation 13. Evaluation the results of Enchytraeus crypticus test 14. Evaluation the results of Folsomia candida test 15. Evaluation the results of Enchytraeus albidus test 16. Evaluation the results of Eisenia fetida test 17. Evaluation of dose - response curves - LC50, NOEC, LOEC a EC50
- Soil ecotoxicology. Edited by Joseph Tarradellas - Gabriel Bitton - Dominique Rossel. Boca Raton: Lewis Publishers, 1996. 386 s. ISBN 1-56670-134-1. info
- Assessment methods
- Demonstration lectures followed by laboratory experiments performed in groups
Final protocols from performed tests
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: bloková nepravidelná výuka cca 40 hod za semestr.
- Teacher's information