PřF:Bi8604 Animal Physiology Seminar II. - Course Information
Bi8604 Animal Physiology Seminar II.Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Alena Žákovská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Vladimír Šimek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- doc. RNDr. Alena Žákovská, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Vladimír Šimek, CSc.
- Wed 12:00–13:50 BR3
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi7603 Animal Physiology Seminar I.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Seminary teaches students principles of scientific communication in physiology and immunology. Issues concerning preparation and defence of seminary and diploma theses are discussed and respective topics presented. A part of seminars is devoted to lectures on actual diverse topics held by experts from Czechia or abroad. Students are trained in following skills: understanding and relevant discussioning of problems of another's work; synoptic presentation and defence of one's own work.
- The programm of the seminary differs each semestr. Presentations of undergraduate or postgraduate students represent the majority of the program, about 30% is covered by invited experts from out of the department.
- Respective literature is assigned in the course of the seminar.
- ŠESTÁK, Zdeněk. Jak psát a přednášet o vědě. Illustrated by Hana Kymrová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 1999. 204 s. ISBN 8020007555. info
- Assessment methods
- Regular weekly seminars. Individual presentations or bachelor or diploma theses as well as active participation and at least 80% presence are required.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses