PřF:Bi9920 Seminar FGP - Course Information
Bi9920 Seminar of the Dept. Functional genomics and ProteomicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Fajkus, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jan Hejátko, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Zdráhal, Dr. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Lenka Fajkusová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Fajkus, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jiří Fajkus, CSc.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Bi9920/01: Mon 9:00–10:50 C02/211, J. Fajkus
Bi9920/02: Mon 14:00–15:50 C02/211, J. Hejátko
- The necessity is an enrollment into one of the seminar groups ("Fajkus" or "Hejatko"), depending on the "laboratory classification". The seminar is being taught in English. The matter of the seminar are presentations of results of scientific work performed by employees and students of the Dept. of Functional Genomics and Proteomics. The prerequisite of the possibility to sign in the course is participation on the scientific work in one of the Laboratories of the Department (see http://www.sci.muni.cz/FGP/).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Main objectives of the course:
To learn how to present own resultsand how to critically discuss scientific results
To obtain overview on research profile of the Department.
- Presentation of bachelor works according to schedule
- Presentation of diploma works according to schedule
- Presentation of dissertation theses according to schedule
- Presentations of research workers according to schedule
- Pre-conference presentations
- Reports from scientific conferences
- RŮČKOVÁ, Eva, Jiří FRIML, Petra PROCHÁZKOVÁ SCHRUMPFOVÁ and Jiří FAJKUS. Role of alternative telomere lengthening unmasked in telomerase knock-out mutant plants. PLant Mol Biol, Netherlands: Springer, 2008, vol. 66, No 6, p. 637-646. ISSN 0167-4412. info
- FAJKUS, Jiří. Detection of telomerase activity by the TRAP assay and its variants and alternatives. Clinica Chimica Acta, Amsterdam: Elsevier Science BV, 2006, vol. 371, 17.dubna, p. 25-31. ISSN 0009-8981. info
- FAJKUS, Jiří, Marta ŠIMÍČKOVÁ and Jan MALÁSKA. Tiptoeing to chromosome tips: facts, promises and perils of today's human telomere biology. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B, London: ROYAL SOC LONDON, 2002, roč. 357, April, p. 545-562. ISSN 0962-8436. info
- Assessment methods
- Seminar is concluded with credit based on participation in seminars (min.80%) and presentations given in seminars (min. 1 per term).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.