PřF:F4280 Thin Films Deposition and Surf - Course Information
F4280 Thin Films Deposition and Surface Modification TechnologiesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. Mgr. Petr Vašina, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Lenka Zajíčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Synek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- prof. RNDr. David Trunec, CSc.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. Mgr. Petr Vašina, Ph.D.
- Wed 16:00–18:50 F1,01014
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course should provide the basic overview of all important methods used to deposit new materials in form of thin films and about methods to modify the surfaces. The student gets awared about principles and technologies of vacuum evaporation, sputtering methods, etching and surface modification as well as chemical vapour deposition or plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition. Additionaly some of the processes will be shown in real work.
- Overview of thin film deposition procedures
- Molecular epitaxy
- Chemical vapour depositon
- Plasma enhanced chemical vapour depositon
- Physical vapour deposition
- Magnetron sputtering
- Reactive magnetron sputtering
- D. Depla et al Reactive sputter depositon, Springer Series in Material Science 109 2008
- Assessment methods
- individual talk
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.