LF:VLPF0521c Pathophysiology I - practicals - Course Information
VLPF0521c Pathophysiology I - practicalsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- MUDr. Vendula Bartáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Kamil Ďuriš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jaromír Gumulec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Hana Holcová Polanská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Katarína Chalásová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michal Jurajda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Kateřina Kaňková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Andrea Knight, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Máchal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Michal Masařík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Stanislav Matoušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Müller, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lukáš Pácal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Monika Pávková Goldbergová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Dipl. Ing. Martin Piskáček, Dr. rer. nat. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Šístková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michal Šitina, Ph.D., M.Sc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Věra Ježková (assistant)
Mgr. Šárka Lakomá (assistant)
Mgr. Lucie Válková, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Kateřina Kaňková, Ph.D.
Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: prof. MUDr. Kateřina Kaňková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VLPF0521c/01: Mon 7:00–9:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/02: Mon 7:00–9:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/03: Fri 10:00–12:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/04: Fri 10:00–12:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/05: Wed 7:00–9:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/06: Wed 7:00–9:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/07: Fri 13:00–15:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/08: Fri 13:00–15:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/09: Tue 13:00–15:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/10: Tue 13:00–15:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/11: Wed 10:00–12:30 B11/327, J. Máchal
VLPF0521c/12: Wed 10:00–12:30 B11/327, J. Máchal
VLPF0521c/13: Mon 10:00–12:30 B11/327, J. Máchal
VLPF0521c/14: Mon 10:00–12:30 B11/327, J. Máchal
VLPF0521c/15: Fri 7:00–9:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/16: Fri 7:00–9:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/17: Tue 7:00–9:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/18: Tue 7:00–9:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/19: Thu 7:00–9:30 B11/327
VLPF0521c/20: Thu 7:00–9:30 B11/327
- ( VLFY0422p Physiology II - lecture || VSFY0422p Physiology II - lecture ) && ( VSBC041p Biochemistry II -l || VLBC0422p Biochemistry II - lecture ) && ( VLAN0222p Anatomy II l || VSAN0333p Anatomy III - lec. ) && ( VLHE0322p Histology and embryology II -l || VSHE0322p Histology and embryology II -l ) && VLLM0421c Med.Microbiol.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (2)
- Course objectives
- The student will be trained for assuming these knowledge and skills:
Principles and ethics of experimental use of laboratory animals, basic surgical skills, general principles of work with lab. animals - explorative laparotomy
Pathophysiology of blood and bone marrow disorders, haematological findings in selected blood disorders
Statistical analysis of experiments (introduction)
Exp. induced acute radiation syndrome in lab. animal – haematological consequences
Essential hypertension, resting and ambulatory blood pressure (and heart rate) measurements, postural changes, effect of isometric and aerobic exercise
Pathophysiology of ventilation disorders and pulmonary gas exchange – spirometry and hyperoxic test
Secondary hypertension, exp. induced renal ischemia – quantification of renal rennin expression
Conductive disorders, demonstration of selected types of arrhythmias
ECG monitoring of exp. induced arrhythmias in lab. animal
Exp. induced acute renal insufficiency in lab. animal – measurement of GFR based on kinetics of renal inulin excretion
Exp. induced renal failure - peritoneal dialysis in lab. animal
- Learning outcomes
- : Student applies the basic knowledge of biostatistics to explain the structure of reference intervals
: Student will describe the influence of ionizing radiation on the body at the level of molecular, cellular, tissue, and they justify the time dynamics of the system
: Student will describe changes in blood cell counts dynamics in the acute radiation disease
: Student makes a distinction between deterministic and stochastic effects of ionizing radiation and their practical implications
: Student will explain the principle of ultrasound and dopplerometric examination of the blood vessels, the underlying pathology of peripheral vasculature (venous valvular insufficiency, ischemia, short circuits, and steal syndromes)
: Student interprets the continuous ECG monitoring in experimental animals for several pathological conditions
: Student distinguishes ECG records most commonly occurring arrhythmias (sinus arrhythmia, SVES, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, AVRT, AV blockade blockade, ventricular tachycardia, torsades de pointes, ventricular fibrillation)
: Student demonstrates the basic static and dynamic parameters surveyed during the spirometric examination and their relationship to pulmonary diseased
: Student will describe the development of renal ischemia in experimental animal model
: Student will explain the determination of the glomerular filtration rate, depending on the curve of concentration of inulin excretion by the kidneys, while discussing the use of clearance of other substances (creatinine, PAH)
: Student demonstrates the emergence of renovascular hypertension in the Goldblatt´s model, renal artery stenosis, the difference between unilateral and bilateral stenosis, the role of the RAAS and the expansion of the volume due to hypertension diagnosis
- Essential hypertension (tutorial), resting and ambulatory blood pressure (and heart rate) measurements, postural changes, effect of isometric and aerobic exercise.
- Angiology, pulse wave, LI. Principles and demonstration of peripheral blood flow examination using ultrasonography.
- Principles of ECG analysis, demonstration of selected pathological ECG patterns
- Health and disease, theory of normality, system regulation Acute radiation syndrome. Presentation of the experiment.
- Hemocoagulation disorders.
- Regulation of haematocrit and pathophysiology of anaemia.
- Pathophysiology of respiratory disorders - introduction
- Obstructive and restrictive disease. Spirometry
- Pathophysiology of ventilation disorders and pulmonary gas exchange.
- Pathophysiological principles of oxygenotherapy and mechanical ventilation.
- Genetic susceptibility to disease – monogenic vs. complex diseases. Pharmacogenetics.
- Cell cycle, oncogenes and suppressor genes, cancer development.
- Statistical analysis of experiments (introduction).
- KAŇKOVÁ, Kateřina, Julie BIENERTOVÁ VAŠKŮ, Lydie IZAKOVIČOVÁ HOLLÁ, Michal JURAJDA, Michal MASAŘÍK, Lukáš PÁCAL and Anna VAŠKŮ. Pathophysiology practicals for General Medicine and Dental Medicine courses. 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2008. 46 pp. Portal of MU’s Faculty of Medicine [online]. ISSN 1801-6103. URL info
- BIENERTOVÁ VAŠKŮ, Julie, Dana BUČKOVÁ, Lydie IZAKOVIČOVÁ HOLLÁ, Michal JURAJDA, Kateřina KAŇKOVÁ, Šárka KUCHTÍČKOVÁ, Lukáš PÁCAL, Anna VAŠKŮ and Vladimír ZNOJIL. Praktikum z patologické fyziologie. Elportál. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2007. ISSN 1802-128X. URL info
- VAŠKŮ, Anna a kol. Praktikum z patologické fyziologie. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2000. 59 pp. ISBN 80-210-2318-X. info
- Teaching methods
- seminar, practical exercises in labs, discussion to the given topics, video with comments Practical training is complemented by a comprehensive range of simulation teaching methods on virtual patients.
- Assessment methods
- Practicals are compulsory. The only permited reason for not attending is a student's sick leave. Student can - with tutor's approval - substitute the particular practical in a given week with another group in case he/she has a justifiable reason for it. Student's participation in the practicals throughout the term is certified by a credit. Students can be given written tests or individual home work by tutor's throughout the term. Students have to be wearing lab coats during the practicals.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Studenti opakující 3. ročník nemusejí znovu absolvovat praktika, budou jim uznány zápočty, ke zkoušce mohou přijít v nejbližším zkouškovém období.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 45.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2022/VLPF0521c