FI:PB150 Computer-Systems Architectures - Course Information
PB150 Computer-Systems ArchitecturesFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc. (lecturer)
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 12:00–14:50 D3, Thu 12:00–14:50 D1, Thu 12:00–14:50 D2, except Thu 25. 10. ; and Thu 25. 10. 12:00–14:50 D1, 12:00–14:50 D2
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! PB151 Computer Systems && ! NOW ( PB151 Computer Systems )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 22 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course student should be able to understand and explain a general technical principles about computer systems operation.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will be able to understand basic principles of digital computers; understand the design of numerical systems used in computer technology and convert numbers between systems; will understand the principles of storing information, coding and storing texts. The student will understand the principles of the elementary processor and its programming at the lowest level.
- Terms, history, computer generations, categories.
- Numeral systems, differences between systems, integer, arithmetics.
- Codes, internal, external, ECC.
- Electronic circuits, memories: parameters, architecture.
- Processor, programming, microprogramming.
- Architectures: RISC/CISC, cache memories.
- Teaching methods
- The course teaching includes lectures and continuous practice by means of IS MU e-learning tests.
- Assessment methods
- The final examination is a written test with answers A-E.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2018/PB150