ESF:XPX_CLB1 Czech Language for Beginners 1 - Course Information
XPX_CLB1 Czech Language for Beginners 1Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Petra Stejskalová (lecturer)
Mgr. Linda Doleží, Ph.D. (assistant)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová, Ph.D. (assistant)
PhDr. Mgr. Libor Štěpánek, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Mgr. Libor Štěpánek, Ph.D.
Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Nesvadbová
Supplier department: Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Mon 10:00–11:50 S402, except Mon 13. 9., except Mon 1. 11.
- Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University organizes the Intensive Czech for Foreigners Course for students who have already been accepted to study in a bachelor program. No initial knowledge of Czech is expected. Intermediate (B2) level of English is expected.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 16/20, only registered: 1/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to familiarise students with basics of the Czech language. It focuses on topics related to everyday life, on the practical use of language for studying at MU and life in the Czech Republic.
- Learning outcomes
- The course participants will have basics orientation in the Czech language, they will learn how to communicate in a number of situations including the university environment. They will be able to introduce themselves, ask basic questions and react to them, talk about their past and express their future plans. They will be able to express their basic needs, feelings and preferences, talk about topics and activities interesting for them and participate in a basic conversation. They will be familiar with the principles of the Czech tenses language, such as declination and conjugation, adjectives, adverbs and other grammar points.
- 1. Unit 1: Introduction, greetings. Where are you from? What do you do? Classroom language. Czech alphabet. Pronunciation.
- 2. Unit 1: What is it? Who is it? Personal pronouns. Natural gender in Czech. Verb "být". Verb conjugation “-at”. Numbers 1-10.
- 3. Unit 2: Where is it? Places in a town. Grammatical gender. Adverbs of direction and location. Means of transport.
- 4. Unit 2: At the faculty. Verb conjugation “-et/ět/-it”. Numbers 11-100. How much does it cost?
- 5. Unit 3: Food and drinks. Nominativ singular. Hard and soft adjectives.
- 6. Unit 3: In a restaurant. Ordering food and drinks. Accusative singular. Conjugation of irregular verbs. Numbers 100-10,000.
- 7. Unit 4: My family. How old are you? Possessive pronouns.
- 8. Unit 4: Opposite adjectives. Verb conjugation “-ovat”. Accusative singular of masculine animate.
- 9. Unit 5: Time expressions. Daily routine.
- 10. Unit 5: Modal verbs. Likes and dislikes.
- 11. Past tense. What did you do yesterday?
- 12. Revision.
- required literature
- HOLÁ, Lída and Pavla BOŘILOVÁ. Čeština expres. 1. vydání. Praha: Akropolis, 2019. 119 stran. ISBN 9788074702051. info
- Teaching methods
- Group and individual tasks, class discussions, online activities, etc.
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements:
- 80% attendance;
- completion of homework;
- completion of semester tasks;
- active participation in class.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2021/XPX_CLB1