CST:DAJ3 Critical Thinking - Course Information
DAJ3 Critical Thinking for Critical TimesPan-university studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Mgr. Libor Štěpánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PaedDr. Marta Holasová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Mgr. Libor Štěpánek, Ph.D.
Contact Person: PaedDr. Marta Holasová, Ph.D.
- Upper-intermediate language skills in English, ability to actively participate in class discussions. (B2/C1)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- Course objectives
- Critical thinking is a critical skill for everybody living in the post factual times. It can help you make sense of arguments and opinions of others and reflect on and question your own arguments and assumptions. This course is designed to provide you with an opportunity to develop and practice identification, analysis and assessment of arguments using diverse critical thinking skills and techniques. It will be organised around group and individual tasks, and problem-solving as well as discussion in-class and online activities. It will focus mostly on spoken argumentation based on academic reading and listening.
- Teaching methods
- It will be organised around group and individual tasks, and problem-solving as well as discussion in-class and online activities. It will focus mostly on spoken argumentation based on academic reading and listening.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: celodenní seminář/whole day seminar.
- Teacher's information
Libor Štěpánek is Assistant Professor in English and Director of the Masaryk University Language Centre. His broad international teaching experience and teacher training activities include creativity (CALT), videoconferencing, academic writing, critical thinking and intercultural communication.
Date: 11th December 2019, 9:30-16:00, MU Language Centre, Komenského nám. 2
Registration form: https://tinyurl.com/y4yz3gcf
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/cus/spring2020/DAJ3