CST:DAJ3 Critical Thinking - Course Information
DAJ3 Critical Thinking in the Academic ContextPan-university studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- PaedDr. Marta Holasová, Ph.D.
Contact Person: PaedDr. Marta Holasová, Ph.D.
- Upper-intermediate language skills in English, ability to actively participate in class discussions. (B2/C1)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 2/25, only registered: 0/25, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/25
- Course objectives
- The following course aims to develop our knowledge of the critical thinking tradition and equip us with critical thinking skills and techniques.
- Overview of the critical thinking tradition
- Understanding what an argument is and judging credibility
- Identifying false arguments and pseudo-reasoning
- Understanding and analysis of natural language use in presenting arguments
- Working with information overload
- Ownership of work and the Socratic Method
- Problematizing and critical reflection
- Critical thinking as a daily practice
- Teaching methods
- The course is organised around group and individual tasks, problem-solving, discussion and debate activities as well as talks and presentations.
- Assessment methods
- The students are expected to actively participate in all three days of the course and produce a critical analysis of a problem in English.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 1.-3. 10. 2013, místo konání Otevřená zahrada Nadace Partnerství, Údolní 33.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Třídenní kurz.
- Teacher's information