CST:DAJ2 Language Skills - Informace o předmětu
DAJ2 Language Skills for EmployabilityCelouniverzitní studia
- 0/2/0. 2 kr. Ukončení: z.
- Anjuli Pandavar, PhD (přednášející)
PhDr. Mgr. Libor Štěpánek, Ph.D. (přednášející)
PaedDr. Marta Holasová, Ph.D. (pomocník)
- PhDr. Mgr. Libor Štěpánek, Ph.D.
Centrum jazykového vzdělávání
Kontaktní osoba: PaedDr. Marta Holasová, Ph.D.
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Centrum jazykového vzdělávání
- Pá 1. 11. 10:00–11:30 KOM 213, Pá 8. 11. 10:00–11:30 KOM 219, Pá 15. 11. 10:00–11:30 KOM 213, Pá 29. 11. 10:00–11:30 KOM 219, Pá 6. 12. 10:00–11:30 KOM 213
- Upper-intermediate language skills in English, ability to actively participate in class discussions. (B2/C1)
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je otevřen studentům libovolného oboru.
Předmět si smí zapsat nejvýše 25 stud.
Momentální stav registrace a zápisu: zapsáno: 2/25, pouze zareg.: 0/25, pouze zareg. s předností (mateřské obory): 0/25
Jiné omezení: minimální počet studentů 10
- 1st session (29. 10. from 9:00-15:00) Doctoral, Post-doctoral and Early-career Academic Self-promotion: The sessions are hands-on and reflective training in academic self-promotion, including: nurturing and developing the mental will to self-promote, practising ways to communicate concisely and on target, building and upkeeping both digital and offline foundations and leveraging platforms to your advantage, proactively networking in fertile ground, becoming media and audience ready, structuring pitches and track-record walk-throughs, rehearsing defences and your motivations, and crafting competency narratives for interviews.
- 2nd-5th sessions (Fridays 1.11., 8. 11., 15. 11., 29. 11., 6. 12. 10:00-11:30) Topics: 1) General principles of CV/cover letter writing Introduction: What are CVs for? (Course overview and aims; o The 'what' and 'why' of CVs - how CVs fit into the overall recruitment process; The differences between CVs aimed at academic, public sector and private sector organizations. Your personal brand - understanding what you offer Researching the organization Researching the role. 2) CV writing Structure: Choosing the format that shows you at your best ‘CV speak’: How CV English differs from academic writing style What to include: the profile paragraph, ‘career objectives and hobbies’ paragraph What to leave out. 3) Cover letter writing What are cover letters for? Dos and Don’ts A useful structure for cover letters Conclusion. 4) Summary and discussion How do CVs and cover letters fit into your online presence; How to use Linkedin to support your application; How to improve your CV and cover letter writing – asking for feedback; Exploring the cultural context of English-language organizations – how might English language employers’ expectations differ from those of Czech Employers? (group discussion). 5) Submissions of students’ CVs and cover letters (deadline 20/11/2019) Here teacher suggests students are given an opportunity to apply the ideas presented in the seminars to their CV and cover letter writing. These ideally should be in support of a real job application to a real organization, past, present or future).
- Výukové metody
- block sessions
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Informace učitele
Place: building Komenského nám. 2, the second floor, 2.NP, room 213. Lecturers:
Tony Corballis´s expertise (1st session) is in the communication aspects of executive presence and leadership transition, in self-promotion, employability during change like Brexit and developing interview strategy, and also in voice and speech development, speech writing and presentation skills.
Anjuli Pandavar (2nd-5th sessions) is a British European lecturer in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at New York University in Shanghai. A proponent of transformative education, especially project-based experiential learning, she prepares students for a globally integrated world in which they'd be expected to collaborate confidently with complete strangers, often internationally. She has been teaching at Masaryk University Language Centre since 2018.
You can attend 1st session or 2nd-5th session or both parts. Registration form: https://tinyurl.com/y4yz3gcf
- Další komentáře
- Předmět je vyučován každý semestr.