FI:DUVOD Introduction to PhD study - Course Information
DUVOD Introduction to PhD studyFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Petr Novotný, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Maška, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Ukrop (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Tereza Nečasová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Petr Hliněný, Ph.D.
Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Faculty of Informatics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal is to give basic orientation in the PhD study at Faculty of Informatics at Masaryk University. After taking this course, students will have a clear view on the structure of PhD study, its formal and general requirements.
- Introduction to PhD study, its structure
- Principles of scientific work
- Publication process
- Research evaluation
- Basics of experimantal work
- Teaching methods
- Discussion groups, lectures, and individual work
- Assessment methods
- Active participation
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinace přednášek a práce v seminárních skupinách v rozsahu cca 2 hodiny týdně.