The main objectives of the course are the following:
- to introduce the correct gymnastics warm up
- to introduce the gymnastics physical preparation (balance preparation, strengthen preparation, support preparation, rotation preparation, ....) using the own body weight or using different props (fit balls, over balls, bosu, ropes, ....).
- to introduce the base gymnastics physical preparation applicable in some kind of sports
- to introduce the preparatory exercises for basal workouts on the floor, high bar, vault, beam, trampoline
- to introduce the modifications of basal workouts
- to introduce the spotting to each basal gymnastics workouts
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- conduct the gymnastic warm up
- make a list of preparatory exercises for basal workouts on the floor, high bar, vault, beam, trampoline.
- to spot to each basal gymnastic workouts
- to demonstrate the basal gymnastic workouts and its modifications
- introduction, warm up, strengthen preparation, support preparation
(body weight, aids - fitballs, overballs...)
- warm up, balance preparation, strengthen preparation, support preparation, rotation preparation, ....) using the own body weight or using different props (fit balls, over balls, bosu, ropes, ....).
- warm up, floor - preparatory exercises - roll forward, roll backward, cartwheel
Gymnastics. Edited by Dennis John Caine - Keith Russell - Liesbeth Lim. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, 2013. x, 186. ISBN 9781118357583. info
DANSKIN, Elizabeth P. Women's artistic gymnastics : handbook. Surrey: Hancock House, 1983. 117 s. ISBN 0888390459. info
form of practical seminars
- microteaching (warm up, main part of the class focused on one gymnastic workout or some gymnastic preparation applicable to some kind of sport, stretching)
- attendance (2 absences are allowed)
Language of instruction
The course is also listed under the following terms