FSS:VPL118 Quantitative Research - Course Information
VPL118 Quantitative ResearchFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Miroslav Suchanec, Ph.D., M.Sc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ondřej Hora, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Josef Horňáček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Tue 18:00–19:40 U32
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! VPLb1118 Quantitative Research && ! NOWANY ( VPLb1118 Quantitative Research )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 17 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: frame research problem, formulate research question, and appropriately design empirical research.
- Base of scientific knowledge. Research process.
- Quantitative description and quantitative explanation
- Theory and research
- Research design: experiment and survey
- Validity and reliability of research
- Measuring with a questionary
- Secondary data
- Teaching methods
- Group solution and discussion of tasks.
- Assessment methods
- Three minor written exams. Final major written exam.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2020/VPL118