PrF:DAF5CF05 Selected issues - Informace o předmětu
DAF5CF05 CCFTL Law VPrávnická fakulta
- 0/0/0. 6 kr. Ukončení: k.
- JUDr. Vlastimil Pihera, Ph.D. (přednášející)
doc. JUDr. Josef Kotásek, Ph.D. (přednášející)
Prof. Corrado Malberti (přednášející), doc. JUDr. Kateřina Ronovská, Ph.D. (zástupce)
Ing. Simona Hornochová (přednášející), doc. JUDr. Kateřina Ronovská, Ph.D. (zástupce)
Mgr. Bc. Luboš Brim (pomocník)
- doc. JUDr. Josef Kotásek, Ph.D.
- The course is offered to the students of the following study fields (comparative corporate, foundation and trust law) and the courses directly associated with them. General requirement for enrollment to this course is advanced knowledge of legal English incl. specific terminology of Corporate, Foundation, Trust law and related fields of Law (Tax law, Financial Market regulation) Students are supposed to pass the four previous CCFTL modules successfully.
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je určen pouze studentům mateřských oborů.
Předmět si smí zapsat nejvýše 10 stud.
Momentální stav registrace a zápisu: zapsáno: 0/10, pouze zareg.: 0/10
- Mateřské obory/plány
- Comparative Corporate, Foundation and Trust Law (program PrF, COCO_) (2)
- Cíle předmětu
- The course content covers seminal financial developments in a diverse set of countries – with a special focus on the EU – in the last century. Reaching across the chronological arc of the course there are three broad topics: (1) tax and accounting principles, (2) financial markets and instruments regulation, and (3) financial behavior. Although nearly every case touches all three topics, each case also has its primary focus. Whereas some cases highlight the developments of EU tax regulation, the introduction of new financial markets or creation of new instruments (such as crypto-currencies), others trace the emergence and maturation of critical financial institutions (including banks and insurance companies). Still, some focus on the behavior of financial actors and groups, particularly in the context of tax changes or financial crisis. As the course highlights the origins of financial markets and instruments as well as the fallout from numerous financial crises, government also plays major role in many of the cases. Throughout the course, the goal is to provide students with the broadest possible grounding in the real world of finance by exposing them to some of the greatest (and, at times, most devastating) moments in the modern financial history. Although the past is unlikely to repeat itself exactly, legal scholars who have a strong background in financial history are likely to be better prepared for the full diversity of financial innovations, shocks, and crises that they will face in the future.
- Výstupy z učení
- Students should achieve the following minimum competencies in the course: To understand domestic and international tax and accounting principles and their implications in the commercial sphere including the estate planning industry. To understand of the importance of financial markets - especially the role of financial institutions, forces impacting financial markets, AML and insider trading, financial innovations and regulatory trends. Know the specifics of corporate law governance of firms operating in the financial markets. Process the selected topic on the basis of a study of professional literature and practical experience obtained during one’s study and draw conclusions that are applicable in practice. Assess new findings and ideas with view to the long-term social consequences of their use. Communicate, in a comprehensible and convincing manner, one’s own findings in the field to other members of the international scientific community, other legal professionals and the general public. Acquire new professional knowledge, skills and capabilities through one’s own creative work and influence the conditions for the education of others. Think critically in broader dimensions and apply knowledge in new contexts.
- Outline: I. General principles of tax and accounting II. Tax/accounting and estate planning and asset protection III. Financial market regulation (AML, insider trading, exchanges, public offerings) IV. Corporations (tax and financial regulatory implications) V. Trusts and trust like form (tax and financial regulatory implications)
- doporučená literatura
- Lynne Oats, Angharad Miller, Emer MulliganPrinciples of International Taxation London, United Kingdom : Bloomsbury Professional, 2017 ISBN: 9781526501707
- Mishkin Frederic S., Matthews Kent, Giuliodori Massimo European ed. The economics of money, banking and financial markets: Harlow : Pearson, 2017. ISBN: 9780273731801
- ) Niamh Moloney; Eilís Ferran; Jennifer Payne,The Oxford Handbook of Financial Regulation (Oxford Handbooks in Law, Oxford, United Kingdom : Oxford University Press, 2015. ISBN: 9780199687206
- Niamh Moloney,EU Securities and Financial Markets Regulation (Oxford European Union Law Library), Oxford, United Kingdom : Oxford University Press, 2016. ISBN: 0199664358
- Výukové metody
- Group tutoring sessions Colloquial presentation of research results
- Metody hodnocení
- Targeted discussion about the recommended literature with focus on specific issues relevant to the doctoral thesis of the student
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Další komentáře
- Studijní materiály
Výuka probíhá blokově.
- Statistika zápisu (nejnovější)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/predmet/law/podzim2020/DAF5CF05