LF:aZLKZL072c Restorat.Dent.III -practice - Course Information
aZLKZL072c Restorative Dentistry III - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- MDDr. Julie Bartáková (seminar tutor), MDDr. Agáta Kubíčková (deputy)
MUDr. Naděžda Janoušková (seminar tutor), MUDr. Jitka Bělušová, CSc. (deputy)
MDDr. Petr Kučera (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Martina Kukletová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Milena Prudíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D.
Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- ( aZLKZ051p Restor.Dentist.-Caries -lect. || aZLKZL051p Restor.Dentististry I -lect. ) && ( aZLED061p Restorat. Dent.-Endo.I -lect. || aZLKED061p Restor. dent.II-Endo. I -lect. ) && aZLPA0622c Pathology II - practice && aZLPF0622c Pathophysiol. II - practice && aZLOP0622p Oral Pathology II - lect. && aZLPL0663c Prosthetic Dentistry III-prac. && aZLOC0653c Oral Surgery III -pract. && aZLOR0641c Orthodontics I -pract. && aZLPD0631c Periodontology I - practice
aZLKZL051p && aZLKED061p && aZLPA0622c && aZLPF0622c && aZLOP0622p && aZLPL0663c && aZLOC0653c && aZLOR0641c && aZLPD0631c
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is practical skills in the field of treatment using composite restorations.
- Learning outcomes
- After completion of the course students:
- know basic principles of aesthetics in dentistry, principles of aesthetical evaluation of hard dental tissues,
- are able to manage adhesive technologies in combination with direct reconstructions.
- are able to indicate noninvasive aesthetic treatment.
- Practical training of selection of the colours of teeth according to various concepts
- Principle of the anatomical stratification acc to Vanini - practical training on models, discussion
- Rubber dam techniques
- Assistance by large reconstructions
- Practical training on patients
- Bleaching and microabrasion - demonstration and discussion
- recommended literature
- SCHMIDSEDER, Josef. Aesthetic dentistry. Edited by Arthur F. Hefti - E. P. Allen, Translated by Karl-Johan Söderholm. [1st ed.]. Stuttgart: Thieme, 2000. xii, 297. ISBN 0865779236. info
- POWERS, John M. and Ronald L. SAKAGUCHI. Craig's restorative dental materials. 12nd ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Mosby Elsevier, 2006. xvii, 632. ISBN 0323036066. info
- not specified
- Jordi Manuata, Anne Salat. Layers: An atlas of composite stratification. 2012
- Sturdevant's art and science of operative dentistry. Edited by Harald Heymann - Edward J. Swift - André V. Ritter. Sixth edition. St. Louis, Missouri: Elsevier, 2013. xv, 548. ISBN 9780323083331. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical training in dental surgery-oriented to communication skills, investigation and appropriate treatment. Practical training (about 50 % of the total volume of teaching) is complemented by a comprehensive range of simulation teaching methods on simulators with varying degrees of fidelity, trainers and virtual patients. Most of them are equipped with a specialized evaluation software system that allows for every step of preparation, including feedback and test, and objective assessment of the student's work. Dental microscopes, CAD / CAM technologies, simulated X-ray teaching and other modern teaching aids are also used. Emphasis is also placed on the development of soft skills, incl. so-called "21st-century skills", particularly communication, decision-making skills, critical thinking, crisis communication and teamwork.
- Assessment methods
- Participation at the practical training, final discussion, credit course. Practical skills will be verified using the specialized evaluation software system. The course will also focus on the development of the ability to orientate in auxiliary investigative methods, their interpretation, critical thinking and teamwork. This way of evaluating gives students an objective and specific feedback.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- General note: Zápočtový test je ve cvičeních povinný.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2021/aZLKZL072c