LF:VSLE7X1p Medical Ethics 2 - lecture - Course Information
VSLE7X1p Medical Ethics 2 - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0.5/0. 1 credit(s) (plus 1 credit for an exam). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Jana Hořínková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Josef Kuře, Dr. phil. (lecturer)
MUDr. Petra Vysočanová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Josef Kuře, Dr. phil.
Department of Medical Ethics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Michaela Vaňharová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Medical Ethics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VSLE7X1p/VLA: Mon 12. 3. to Fri 6. 4. Wed 13:00–14:40 A19/118
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLCP0622c Introduc. to surgery II -pr. || STCP0622c Clin.exam. in surgery II && VSIP0622c Introduction to internal II-pr && VSET021 Medical Ethics I && VLFA0621c Pharmacology I - p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL)
- Course objectives
- The course is a follow-up to Medical ethics I with accent on clinical ethics.
- Introduction (terminology, subject) & Primary care (physician - patient relationship, informed consent)& Beginning of human life (assisted reproduction) & Ethics and genetics (PND, PGD, screening) & Patient rights & Transplantation ethics & Ethics and oncology (truth about diagnosis, palliative care) & Ethical problems in intensive care & Death and dying & Ethics of biomedical research.
- recommended literature
- Bioethics. Edited by John Harris. 1st pub. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001. vi, 557. ISBN 0198752571. info
- A companion to bioethics. Edited by Helga Kuhse - Peter Singer. 2nd ed. [Malden, MA]: Wiley-Blackwell, 2012. xiii, 622. ISBN 9781444350845. info
- Bioethics : an anthology. Edited by Helga Kuhse - Peter Singer. 2nd ed. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2006. xvii, 738. ISBN 1405129484. info
- Beyond therapy : biotechnology and the pursuit of happiness : a report of the President's Council on Bioethics. Edited by Leon Kass - William Safire. 1st ed. New York: DANA Press, 2005. xxxiii, 37. ISBN 1932594051. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- The course is finished by colloquium based on case study.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the per-term frequency of the course: předmět je vyučován pouze v podzimním semestru.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2018/VSLE7X1p