LF:MIIL031c INC in infectious medicine - p - Course Information
MIIL031c Intensive nursing care in infectious medicine - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- prof. MUDr. Petr Husa, CSc. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Simona Saibertová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Petr Husa, CSc.
Department of Health Sciences - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: PhDr. Simona Saibertová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Health Sciences - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 21. 10. 12:00–14:30 F01B1/313, Thu 4. 11. 12:00–14:30 F01B1/313, Thu 11. 11. 12:00–14:30 F01B1/313, Thu 18. 11. 12:00–14:30 F01B1/313
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MIIN0231p Intens nur care at Inter med I && MIIN0231c Intens nur care at Inter med I && MIOS0222 Nurs. care in resuscit. - pr.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is - introduction of students with the current epidemiological situation of selected infectious diseases focusing on intensive nursing care - introduction and practice of the specifics of barrier intensive nursing care in patients hospitalized for highly contagious diseases - specification of principles and demonstration of the technical equipment necessary to transport persons suspected of being highly contagious from the place of detection to a specialized medical facility, including a closed-air transport bag, special ambulances and measures at airports - training of intensive nursing care specialties in patients with nosocomial infections, defining professional infections.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to:
- to characterize actual epidemiology situation of chosen infected disease toward to intensice nursing care,
- to define specifics of barier intensive nursing care by patients admited bacause of extremly infectious diseases,
- to enumerate rules and specify technical equipents toward to transport person suspected of extremly infectious diseases, ventilated transport bag, transport special ambulance, airpot arrangement and staff included,
-explain the principles and provide highly specialized nursing care to patients with a serious infectious disease. - to enumerate specifics of intensive nursing care by patients with nosocinial diseases
- explain the principles and provide highly specialized nursing care to patients with a serious infectious disease.
- - Actual epidemiology situation of choosen infected disease.
- - Specific nursing care at infectious disease departments focused on intensive care units, barrier nursing care.
- - Barrier nursing care focused on extremly infectious diseases, specific procedures and technical equipment: decontamination procedure, transporting, isolation boxes Biosafety level 1-4, patient transporting bag with closed system of ventilation, airport specific procedures.
- - Travel medicine, terminology, vaccination, chosen travel associated disease, health risks linked to traveling.
- - highly specialized nursing care for patients with serious infectious diseases (meningoková meningitis, tetanus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis)
- recommended literature
- SAIBERTOVÁ, Simona, Petra JUŘENÍKOVÁ, Libor SOBEK and Petr JAŠŠO. Specifická bariérová péče a preventivní opatření u pacientů s infekčním onemocněním. (Specific Barrier Care and Preventive Measures in Patients with Infectious Diseases). Brno: Centrum biostatistiky a analýz MU, 2017. 100 pp. ISSN 1801-6103. info
- HUSA, Petr, Lenka KRBKOVÁ, Drahomíra BARTOŠOVÁ, Svatava SNOPKOVÁ, Alena HOLČÍKOVÁ, Pavel POLÁK, Radek SVOBODA and Kateřina HAVLÍČKOVÁ. Infekční lékařství. Učební text pro studenty všeobecného lékařství (Infectious Diseases. Textbook for students of general medicine.). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2011. 159 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5660-2. info
- BENEŠ, Jiří. Infekční lékařství. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2009. xxv, 651. ISBN 9788072626441. info
- not specified
- ČERVEŇANOVÁ, Eva and Gabriela OPRŠALOVÁ. Ošetrovateľské štandardy v intezívnej starostlivosti. 1. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 2012. 86, . ISBN 9788080633721. info
- Teaching methods
- The Theoretical preparing,dealing of model situations.
- Assessment methods
- The subject is concluded by credit, it’s given is catalyzed by 100 % attendance. Theoretical knowledges - the credit test (for success min. 75 %).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2021/MIIL031c