PdF:SZ6061 Engaged Learning Methods - Course Information
SZ6061 Engaged Learning MethodsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Vladimíra Neužilová (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SZ6061/01: Thu 14:50–16:30 učebna 36, V. Neužilová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 59 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- • To provide students with comprehensive theoretical overview of teaching methods.
• Understand their importance and the place in the process of teaching, and the impact on pupils‘ learning.
• Offer a practical experience and create a skill for using activating methods.
• Lead students to their own thoughtful preparation for teaching and for application in practice.
• Reflect on their own learning, the suitability of the methods used to analyze from the perspective of educational, personal and social, search for alternative procedures.
- Learning outcomes
- The learning outcomes:
• Will understand the design issues of teaching • and the individual steps of the process of teaching.
• Analyze the links between the main elements of the process of teaching.
• Critically review the suitability of the teaching methods from the perspective of the teaching style of the pupil, the school teachers and the curriculum content style.
• Identify and describe the teaching method, classifies them from different perspectives.
• Applies in practice the methodology chosen in accordance with the content of teaching and the learning style of the student.
• Verifies the appropriateness of the selection of teaching methods in their own practice.
• In the process of reflection consider the impact of the chosen method on the pupils learning and looking for alternative approaches for the next steps in their own teaching.
- Main topics (outline):
- I. Theoretical background
- 1. The concept and the process of teaching.
- 2. The concept of teaching methods in teaching and learning.
- 3. The classification and the choice of method.
- 4. Relationship to the content of the curriculum.
- II. Activating teaching methods
- 1. Discussion methods.
- 2. Methods of problem solving.
- 3. Methods of drama education.
- 4. Methods of personal and social education.
- 5. The methods of critical thinking.
- 6. Group and cooperative learning.
- 7. Project teaching.
- III. Application of the method in their own practice and the search for alternatives.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Additional information:
The conditions for the successful completion of the subject:
1) active participation in the seminar,
2) written preparation methods in teaching, implementation in practice, presentation,
3) written self-reflection.
Criteria of evaluation and self-evaluation:
• I Analyze the links between the main elements in the process of teaching.
• I define aims of the personality of the pupil in all level of development.
• I plan a methodology consistent with the aims of teaching.
• I apply the methodology in my teaching.
• I listen to the needs of the pupils adequately in education.
• I reflect the suitability of the chosen teaching method – view of didactic, social and personal.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses