PdF:SZ6623 Education of Talented Students - Course Information
SZ6623 Education of Talented StudentsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Eva Trnová, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eva Trnová, PhD.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SZ6623/01: Fri 5. 3. 9:00–10:50 učebna 78, Fri 12. 3. 8:00–9:50 učebna 33, Fri 19. 3. 9:00–10:50 učebna 78, Fri 16. 4. 9:00–10:50 učebna 67, Fri 30. 4. 9:00–10:50 učebna 67, Fri 14. 5. 9:00–10:50 učebna 67, E. Trnová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6023 Gifted Student's Education , SZ6615 Cross-curricular Subjects in the National Framework Programme , SZ6622 Values Education in Teaching Practice )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 5/20, only registered: 1/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Teacher Training in Foreign Languages - English Language (eng.) (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Course objectives
- Knowledge: defining the terms of
giftedness, talent and intelligence; models of giftedness, psychological nature of giftedness; manifestation of giftedness; characteristics of gifted children, current typology of gifted pupils; characteristic of gifted pupils, myths of giftedness; the difference between a gifted and clever pupil; latent talent and underachievment.
Skills: Apply suitable methods for educating gifted, design a suitable program for gifted gifted, diagnose manifestation of giftedness, recognize gifted and clever child.
Attitudes: to accept the differences in the behavior of the gifted pupils, to acquire the values of objectivity and justice in the evaluation of gifted pupils' behavior.
- Learning outcomes
- Learning outcomes: After completing the course, the student will: • understand the principles of giftedness; • be able to identify giftedness by means of its characteristics; • choose and imply teaching methods suitable for development of gifted pupils; • apply the individualization aspect and differentiation in education during work with the gifted; • apply an individual approach in gifted pupils’ assessment; • be able to create teaching materials for the gifted.
- Main topics (syllabus): 1.-2. Psychological principles of giftedness – basic range of reflections on giftedness. Giftedness – talent. Types of intelligences and relationship between intelligence and giftedness. Giftedness models as a resource for views of gifted pupils’ education. 3.-4. Giftedness diagnosis – nomination, identification, and diagnosis of a gifted pupil. Features of giftedness; current typology of gifted pupils. Characteristics of gifted pupils, myths about giftedness. A difference between a gifted and clever pupil. 5. Legal standards for education of the gifted – a legal framework for education of the gifted. Care about the gifted in the Framework Education Programme. Education adjustments for gifted pupils. 6. The gifted as individuals with special educational needs – implementation of individualization aspect and differentiation into education of the gifted. A role of a teacher in integration/inclusion of gifted pupils into a classroom. A creation of a classroom. A creation of an individual study plan. Double exceptionality. 7. Development of gifted pupils – latent giftedness issue. Academic unachievement as a threat to restriction of the gifted pupils’ development. Strategies suitable for development of giftedness. 8.-9. Special methods of giftedness development – acceleration and enrichment – their advantages and disadvantages, recommendations for their use, suggestions of specific enrichment materials. 10. Motivation of gifted pupils – motivation as a part of giftedness models, gifted pupils’ motivation issue. Strategies of motivation of the gifted. How to assess a gifted pupil. 11. Basic ways of work with gifted pupils – a model of logical structure of educational process for a gifted pupil. Teaching the gifted and solution of their educational needs. Materials creation for teaching gifted pupils. 12. Cooperation of the teacher with gifted pupil’s family – family environment of gifted pupils. Specifics of teacher’s communication with gifted pupils and their parents. Gifted pupils’ social and emotional adaptation.
- required literature
- TRNOVÁ, Eva and Josef TRNA. Supporting the Development of Cognitive Gifted Students Interested in Science and Technology through IBSE. In Talented Learner. První vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2011. p. 107-124. Výzkumné práce. Svazek 4. ISBN 978-80-210-5701-2. info
- TRNA, Josef and Eva TRNOVÁ. Upgrading of motivational effectiveness of experiments for gifted and ungifted students in science education. In The Second International Congress of Educational Research. Social Entrepreneurship Democratic Participation and Educational Research. 2010. ISBN 978-605-60682-2-5. info
- PORTEŠOVÁ, Šárka and Jana ČIHOUNKOVÁ. Diagnostics of Czech intellectually gifted children with dyslexia via WISC-III method. In From giftedness in childhood to successfull intelligence in adulthood. Praha: The center of giftedness, 2008. p. 108-119. ISBN 978-80-7387-172-7. info
- PORTEŠOVÁ, Šárka. Learning Disabilities and Intellectual Giftedness in Educational Context: Present State of Research and Situation in Czech Schools. New Educational Review. Polsko: Wydawnictwo Adam Marszalek, 2008, vol. 15, No 2, p. 136-151. ISSN 1732-6729. info
- recommended literature
- Freeman, J. (1998). Educating the very able: Current international research. London: Stationery Office.
- Teaching methods
- Lessons will also consist of case studies of gifted pupils, watching suitable films, studying corresponding literature,creation of seminar work according to instruction in IS MU. .
- Assessment methods
- Giving feedback in lectures, creation of seminar work according to instruction in IS MU.
- Language of instruction
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- SZ6023 Gifted Student's Education
!NOWANY(SZ6013, SZ6014, SZ6016, SZ6017, SZ6018, SZ6019, SZ6020, SZ6021, SZ6022, SZ6015, SZ6024, SZ6025, SZ6623)
- SZ6615 Cross-curricular Subjects in the National Framework Programme
- SZ6622 Values Education in Teaching Practice
- SZ6023 Gifted Student's Education
- Teacher's information
- The course will be taught only if 12 or more students are enrolled. Maximum amount of students is 20. ERASMUS students are preferred.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/SZ6623