PřF:C8292 Applied Thermodynamics II - Course Information
C8292 Applied Thermodynamics IIFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Michal Roth, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jan Vřešťál, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Michal Roth, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jan Vřešťál, DrSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 21 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Wohl's expansion for the excess Gibbs energy. Fugacities in liquid mixtures, theories of solutions. The Flory-Huggins Equation. Solubility of gases in liquids. Solubility of solids in liquids. Distribution of a solid solute between two immiscible liquids. High-pressure equilibria. Supercritical fluid extraction. Numerical exercises and problem classes and associated tutorials for the whole course.
- Aplied thermodynamics II 1. Fugacity in liquid mixtures: theory of solutions. Van Laar theory. Scatchard-Hildebrand theory. 2. Lattice theories. Polymer solutions. Flory-Huggins equation. 3. Solubility of gases in liquids. Ideal solubility. Henry's law. 4. Influence of pressure and temperature on the solubility of gases. 5. Solubility of solid substances in liquids. Thermodynamic approach. Ideal solubility. 6. Non-ideal solutions. Distribution of solid substance in two immiscible liquids. 7. High pressure equilibria. Phase equilibria at high pressures. 8. Thermodynamic analysis. Supercritical fluid extraction.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Výuka probíha každý týden a je zakončena ústní zkouškou.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2006/C8292