PřF:FB041 Seminar on plasma deposition - Course Information
FB041 Seminar on plasma deposition and material characterizationFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Lenka Zajíčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Mirko Černák, CSc.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Lenka Zajíčková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The goal of the seminar is to provoke students to oral presentations and discuss topics related to the life of scientists (attendance of conferences, writing papers and project applications). The focus of the seminar is on the disciplines close to the deposition of thin films and characterization of films and surfaces.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
present his/her work in a clear structure;
use information about scientific conferences related to plasma processing and material science for the selection of a best option to present his/her research;
write research paper with correct structure;
critically assess a quality of research papers related to plasma processing and material science and write a referee's report;
be able to formulated a simple project application (understand how to formulated project goals and objectives, methodology, time schedule, deliverables and milestones).
- Discussion of following topics:
- - past scientific conferences related to plasma processing and material science;
- - student's research and the way of its presentation;
- - structure and form of research papers;
- - critical assessment of research papers related to plasma processing and material science;
- - structure and form of referee's reports on research papers
- - structure and form of project applications.
- recommended literature
- CHEN, Francis F. and Jane P. CHANG. Lecture notes on principles of plasma processing. New York, N.Y.: Kluwer Academic/Plenum publishers, 2003. ix, 208. ISBN 0306474972. info
- FLEWITT, P. E. J. and R. K. WILD. Physical methods for materials characterisation. Bristol1: IOP, 1994. ISBN 0 7503 0320 4. info
- LIEBERMAN, M. A. and Allan J. LICHTENBERG. Principles of plasma discharges and materials processing. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1994. xxvi, 572. ISBN 0471005770. info
- Teaching methods
- The seminar is based on active participation of students in the discussion of the topics. Students prepare presentations of their own research, presentations of the conferences that they participated, discuss the quality of selected research papers and project applications.
- Assessment methods
- The credits will be recognized if the student attended regularly the seminar and actively participated by some presentation or discussion.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/FB041