PřF:C6010 Toxicology - Course Information
C6010 ToxicologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Karel Picka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Karel Picka, Ph.D.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Milan Potáček, CSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 26 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Local, acute, chronic and late effects of substances and their testing. Interaction of substances with living organism, biotransformation of xenobiotics. Survey of inorganic and organic compounds toxicology. Ecotoxicological testing and evaluation of chemicals and wastes. Chemical substances and hazardous wastes laws and regulations. Classification and notification of chemical substances and products under EU and Czech legislation. Maximum allowable concentrations of gases, vapours, and aerosols in the air, permissible levels of water and food contaminants. Explosives, oxidizing and flammable substances. Occupational health and safety, protective devices, first aid treatment. Sources of toxicological and ecotoxicological information.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.