doktorský prezenční se specializací
Zahrnut v programu: PřF D-FYA_ Physics
Státní doktorská zkouška a obhajoba disertační práce
The state doctoral examination verifies the students' knowledge in the general mathematical and physical disciplines connected with the topic of the dissertation as well as their ability to creatively solve problems of general character, beginning by their formulation continuing with their solution using appropriate devices up to the interpretation of the results. The examination topics falling into purview of individual study plans are formulated for the individual examinee accordingly so as to create a higher level of learning over the Master's degree examination.
Basic examination topics (with possible implications for physics education)
1. Mechanics of material points and continua
2. Relativity theory and general field theory
3. Quantum and statistical physics
4. Interactions of electromagnetic field resp. charged particles with matter
5. Mathematical apparatus of physics and mathematical physics (applications of Mathematical analysis and Differential geometry in mechanics and field theory)
6. History of physical disciplines according to the dissertation topic
7. Physics education on the secondary resp. tertiary level according to dissertation topic
Specifically formulated questions falling into examination topics 1-7 will be handed to the prospective examinee at least 4 weeks ahead of the examination according to Article 32 § 4 of the MU study and examination regulations. A presentation by the student detailing the topic and the state of the solution of the dissertation thesis forms a part of the state doctoral examination. This is followed up by discussion.
Requirements for the dissertation thesis
The students submit the dissertation thesis in accordance with the MU study and examination regulations. The thesis is usually focused on unsolved or unsatisfactorily solved problems of the chosen discipline, careful physical and mathematical formulation of these problems and their solution with an accent on interpretational aspects, the possibility of elementarisation of the obtained results including the application in physics education (predominantly by doctoral students which are trained physics teachers).
The application must be supplemented with publications corresponding to the discipline specifics, standards and publication practices, but always at least one such publication in a refereed scientific journal accepted by the scientific community in the given research area resp. the acceptance of one such publication by such a journal.
Studijní a výzkumné povinnosti
The preparation of the dissertation takes place during the whole duration of the studies and comprises at least 60% of the workload.
During the second semester at the latest the students in concert with their advisors create their Individual Study Plan (ISP) and present it for approval to the PhD commission.
At the end of the 3rd year of study i.e. 6th semester at the latest the student
- have passed all theoretical preparation examinations (obligatory ones and the ones chosen with the advisor in the ISP) comprising approximately 20% of the workload (point 4 of the approved ISP) excepting ongoing seminars
- present the results of their work in English at the Institute seminar (point 5 of the approved ISP)
- prove their foreign language competence (point 6 of the approved ISP)
- discharge their duties connected with their pedagogical development (at most 10% of the workload and point 8 of the approved ISP)
At the end of their studies, ideally during the standard 4 year duration of their studies, i.e. at the end of the 8th semester the students
- present their findings at an international scientific conference (point 3 of the approved ISP)
- undergo the obligatory international research internship at least 1 month in duration
- present their findings in an international scientific journal - 10% of the workload ((point 2 of the approved ISP)
- finish their dissertation thesis and file the application to defend their dissertation thesis (point 1 and 2 of the approved ISP)
Návrh témat disertačních prací a témata obhájených prací
The variational sequence as a practical tool in mathematical physics, (proposed thesis) Advisor: prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc.
|PřF:F3089||Středoškolská fyzika podruhé 1||k||4||1||-|
|PřF:F3400||Základní pojmy a zákony klasické fyziky 1||z||2||1||-|
|PřF:F4400||Základní pojmy a zákony klasické fyziky 2||z||2||2||-|
|PřF:F9051||Prvky fyzikálních teorií 1||z||3||1||-|
|PřF:FA052||Prvky fyzikálních teorií 2||z||3||2||-|
|PřF:FB122||Seminář z matematické fyziky||k||1||1||-|
|PřF:FB123||Seminář z matematické fyziky||k||1||2||-|
|PřF:FB210||Matematické základy fyzikálních variačních teorií||k||2+1||2||-|
|PřF:FB225||Geometrie a topologie||k||2+1||1||-|