CST:DAJ2 English for DSP, presentations - Course Information
DAJ2 ESP for DSP students - presentation skillsPan-university studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Irina Ghindeanu (seminar tutor), PhDr. Renata Prucklová (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Renata Prucklová
Contact Person: PhDr. Renata Prucklová
- Examination in ESP passed at respective faculty
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to introduce students to typical characteristics and structure of a presentation and provide them with the skills necessary for giving a professional lecture.
- Communication as interpersonal experience the concept of communication: from ancient times until present days communication from West to East (cultural clichés) means of communication barriers to communication metacommunication forms of communication: verbal vs non–verbal techniques skills Presentation seen as a two way process (both transmitting and acquiring information) content structure packaging human element Visual Aids and Body Language flip chart projector handouts diagram posture gesture eye contact physical mannerisms to avoid (playing with pens, paper) proximity voice Audience types/profiles know-it-all monopoliser attackers Feed back analysis positive negative first reaction of the audience changes in audience’s behaviour on long term
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- The course will be held in 5 blocks in the Self Access Room /Jazyková studovna RMU, Žerotínovo vám., the top floor/. Each block starts at 10.00.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on course enrolment limitations: minimální počet studentů 10