ESF:DXE_HOPO Economic Policy - Course Information
DXE_HOPO Economic PolicyFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 24/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Zdeněk Tomeš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Hana Fitzová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Antonín Slaný, CSc.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Přikrylová
Supplier department: Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 16. 3. 12:00–13:50 S307, Tue 13. 4. 12:00–13:50 S307, Tue 11. 5. 12:00–13:50 S307
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 26 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is the discussion of the principla theoretcial, practical and methodological principles of the economic policy.
- Learning outcomes
- - to discuss major principles of the economic policy - to understand and discuss major theoretical, practical and methodological aspects of the paper/workshop in the area of economic policy - to be able to present and defend major ideas of own paper in the field of economic policy - to be able to write a review
- The students are expected to attend 4-6 dedicated research workshops in the area of economic policy that are organized/recorded in the semester. The typical topics are: - Cost functions in the industry - Regulation - Competition policy - Macroeconomic policy - Taxes and fiscal policy - Rail economics and policy
- recommended literature
- ATKINSON, B.; BAKER, P.; MILWARD, B. Economic Policy. Basingstoke: Macmillan, 1996. ISBN 0-333-65047-6.
- SLANÝ, Antonín. Makroekonomická analýza a hospodářská politika. Vyd. 1. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2003. xiii, 375. ISBN 80-7179-738-3. info
- Teaching methods
- workshop, seminars, independent works of students
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam. The students are expected to prepare for the exam one review of the paper/workshop and the paper based on the thesis. The exam is based on the discussion over both these documents.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: odevzdání odborného článku
The course is taught annually.
General note: Výuka bude probíhat v blocích dle rozvrhu, dále formou konzultací přípravy odborných článků.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2021/DXE_HOPO