ESF:BPH_ZAPO Business Basics - Course Information
BPH_ZAPO Business BasicsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Bc. Alena Šafrová Drášilová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Bc. Alena Šafrová Drášilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Bc. Alena Šafrová Drášilová, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 10:00–11:50 S307
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 29 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 11/29, only registered: 0/29, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/29
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Management (programme ESF, B-EKM)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to introduce students to the basic problem areas of the business in the Czech Republic.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able to evaluate the parameters of the environment and competition in the market, to assess the advantages and disadvantages of selected forms of business, to work with the basic financial statements of the companies and will be well informed about the administrative and legal requirements imposed on entrepreneurs.
- Introduction - business and business plan.
- Competitiveness and competitive advantage.
- Analysis of macro-environment.
- Analysis of micro-environment.
- Marketing and marketing plan.
- Law and legal forms of business.
- Financing, financial statements and their analysis.
- Taxes, fees, applications and communication with the state.
- Personnel management and organization.
- Teaching methods
- Any copying, keeping a record of tests or carrying the tests out, using forbidden aids including any communication devices or any other breach of objectivity of the exam is regarded as a failure to meet the obligations of the subject and as a serious breach of study regulations. As a consequence, the teacher grades the student with "F" and the dean is allowed to initiate a disciplinary action, which might lead to the termination of the studies.
- Assessment methods
- System of knowledge checking (finish requirements): The course is finished by the exam. During the semester, students prepare assigned tasks. The course is completed by a written exam. The total score is the sum of the points earned for the tasks and the points obtained during the written exam. During the exam students have the opportunity to have materials for presentation without any notes.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Student nesmí mít současně splněný předmět Zakládání firmy ENS238.