ESF:BKE_HOP1 Economic Policy - Course Information
BKE_HOP1 Economic PolicyFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Martin Kvizda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Tomáš Paleta, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ing. Ondřej Špetík (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Martin Kvizda, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jarmila Šveňhová
Supplier department: Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 28. 11. 8:00–11:50 P104
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( BKE_MAE1 Macroeconomics 1 )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows:
to understand the process of setting objectives and appropriate instruments in economic policy;
to highlight risks in the form of government failures;
to enable orientation in problems of role of the state in market economy;
to analyze instruments of stabilization policy and various approaches to this policy;
to analyze various types of microeconomic policy and its economic consequences;
to delineate main economic coordination mechanisms and explain causes of inefficiency of centrally planned economies;
to explain main pillars of transition process in the Czech Republic
- Learning outcomes
- The absolvent will be able to:
- to explain reasons of government interventions in the economy and its risks;
- to understand major tools of microeconomic and macroeconomic policy and its functioning;
- to describe major trends in modern economic policy
- to understand political aspects of economic policy
- Introduction to theory of economic policy.
- Analysis of government failures.
- Coordination mechanisms in economy.
- Period of interventionism in economic policy.
- Conservative economic policy.
- Monetary policy.
- Fiscal policy.
- External economic policy.
- Antitrust policy.
- Social policy.
- Economic integration in Europe
- required literature
- SLANÝ, Antonín. Makroekonomická analýza a hospodářská politika (Macroeconomic Analysis and Economic Policy.). 1st ed. Praha: C. H. Beck, 2003. 380 pp. EU 22. ISBN 80-7179-738-3. info
- SLANÝ, Antonín and Aleš FRANC. *Hospodářská politika (Economic policy). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 2004. 122 pp. 3984/ESF-24/04-17/99. info
- TOMEŠ, Zdeněk. Hospodářská politika : 1900-2007. Vyd. 1. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2008. xiv, 262. ISBN 9788074000027. info
- Teaching methods
- intensive course
- Assessment methods
- 1 essay, on-line test, exam: written test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 4 hodiny.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2020/BKE_HOP1