ESF:MPE_DIS2 Diploma Thesis Seminar 2 - Course Information
MPE_DIS2 Diploma Thesis Seminar 2Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 12 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Aleš Franc, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Antonín Slaný, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Osvald Vašíček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Libor Žídek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Antonín Slaný, CSc.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Lydie Pravdová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPE_DIS2/01: Thu 9:20–11:00 S311
MPE_DIS2/02: Thu 12:50–14:30 VT206, O. Vašíček
- (! PEDS3 Diploma Thesis Seminar 3 ) || (! PEDSE3 Diploma Thesis Seminar 3 ) || (! PMDS Diploma Thesis Seminar )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students will be able to approach writing the diploma thesis as a scientific work. Students will be able to apply the correct methodology and keep to the rules of publishing ethics. Students will be able to find and anylyze information sources efficiently and correctly and use them to elaborate the topic of the thesis. Students will be able to establish, implement and evaluate empirical investigation and formulate recommendations and results. Students will be able to demonstrate their awareness of principles of successful presentation at the defence of the thesis.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- formulate thesis objectives properly,
- set proper working hypotheses,
- choose relevant methods to work up the thesis,
- choose information sources,
- generalize acquired pieces of knowledge,
- present the thesis as well as its contribution.
- Individual consultation with the supervisor of the thesis during the semester.
- Teaching methods
- Regular individual consultations with the supervisor on writing of the thesis.
- Assessment methods
- A necessary condition for obtaining credits is regular cooperation with the supervisor. An essential part of the thesis must be presented to the supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PEDS3, PEDSE3, PMDS.
- Teacher's information