ESF:MPE_MAE2 Macroeconomics 2 - Course Information
MPE_MAE2 Macroeconomics 2Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Ondřej Krčál, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Zdeněk Tomeš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Miroslav Hloušek, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Zdeněk Tomeš, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Lydie Pravdová
- Mon 9:20–11:00 P106, Mon 9:20–11:00 P101
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! PEMAII Macroeconomics II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 15 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Macroeconomics II (PEMAII) The principal aim of this continuation course (intermediate level) is to continue the course Macroeconomics I and broaden the knowledge introducing new theoretical ideas, illustrating them by means of quantitative tools, and finally, to apply them to the Czech economy. Verifying the applicability of principal economic postulates to the Czech economy in the process of transformation will be of no less importance. The subject matter will be oriented on the following topics: enhanced analysis of aggregate supply and demand, labour market and money market forms, instruments and efficiency of fiscal and monetary policy in securing the balance between individual markets macroeconomics of open economy resulting in the Mundell-Fleming model. Mastering these topics represents the prerequisites for the study of macroeconomics in the doctoral economic studies. Examination: written (a test including computations of examples). A part of examination is formed by a seminar paper (about 10 pages) on an approved topic linked with the application of economic theory to Czech economic conditions.
- 1/ GDP 2/ Economic growth 3/ Unemployment 4/ Consumption and investment 5/ Exchange rates 6/ Money and monetary policy 7/ ISLM model 8/ Aggregate supply and inflation 9/ ASAD model 10/ Fiscal policy 11/ Supply side policy 12/ Open economy macroeconomics
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Final written multiple-choice test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PEMAII.
Information on course enrolment limitations: max. 30 cizích studentů; cvičení pouze pro studenty ESF
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses