ESF:BKH_MAR1 Marketing - Course Information
BKH_MAR1 MarketingFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Ondřej Částek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Renata Čuhlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Klára Kašparová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Klára Kašparová, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Fri 28. 2. 16:00–19:50 P201, Fri 13. 3. 16:00–19:50 P201, Sat 28. 3. 8:00–11:50 P201
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! BKH_ZMAR Basic Marketing )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is the introduction to marketing. Its aim is to equip students with necessary knowledge and ability to independently realise parts of process of marketing plan development.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- explain various perspectives of marketing management, marketing in general and its various types;
- describe various elements of the marketing mix;
- explain the specifics of marketing mix management;
- identify key points of consumer purchasing behavior from the point of view of marketing;
- use correctly specific methods of analysis of the environment;
- evaluate aims according to SMART rule;
- create a marketing plan on the basis of the acquired knowledge;
- apply the chosen apps for marketing purposes.
- The course consists of 3 blocks of education (meeting) and self-study. At the meetings will be discussed in more depth selected topics. Other topics will be the subject of self-study. At the meetings, students will also defend their POT.
- - introduction to the topic (evolution of the view of the function of marketing, specific marketing management concepts, different types of marketing, the marketing mix);
- - corporate environment (difference between macro and micro environment, detailed definition of corporate macro environmental factors, detailed definition of corporate micro environmental factors, analyses definition (SWOT analysis, STEP analysis, Porter analysis of five competitive forces);
- - segmentation, targeting, positioning;
- - marketing plan construction (explanation of the importance of marketing plan, structure of marketing plan, demonstration of marketing plan construction on a real-life marketing campaign);
- - marketing research (marketing information system and its relationship to marketing research, relevance of marketing research, types of marketing research, their advantages and disadvantages, research process and its demand for information, selection of a sample group);
- - purchasing behaviour of customers (purchase behaviour models, psychological factors influencing purchasing behaviour, current researches in purchasing behaviour);
- - product (identity and image, layers of the product, production line, production mix, brand and brand policy, demonstration on specific examples, product life cycle and relevant strategies, criticism of the conception of product life cycle, portfolio analysis and relevant models, criticism of portfolio analysis);
- - price (basic and specific view of price in marketing concept, factors influencing the method of price determination, pricing strategies);
- - distribution (marketing distribution channel, levels of marketing distribution channel with their advantages and disadvantages, types of marketing distribution channels, types of marketing distribution system, types of distribution, advantages and disadvantages);
- - promotion (integrated communication mix, instruments of communication mix and methods of budget setting);
- - global marketing (levels of international involvement, internationalization and globalization, problematic issues of global marketing mix management, demonstration on specific examples).
- required literature
- FORET, Miroslav, Klára KAŠPAROVÁ, Michael DOLEŽAL and Radoslav ŠKAPA. Marketing. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 2004. 166 pp. ISBN 80-210-3500-5. info
- KOTLER, Philip and Kevin Lane KELLER. Marketing management. Translated by Martin Machek - Tomáš Juppa. 14. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2013. 814 s. ISBN 9788024741505. info
- recommended literature
- LUKÁŠOVÁ, Růžena a kol. Měření spokojenosti občanů s veřejnými službami jako součást řízení kvality v organizacích veřejného sektoru (Measurement of citizen satisfaction with public services as integral part of quality management in public sector organizations). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, Ekonomicko-správní fakulta, 2009. 118 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5112-6. info
- CIMLER, Petr and Dana ZADRAŽILOVÁ. Retail management. Vyd. 1. Praha: Management Press, 2007. 307 s. ISBN 9788072611676. info
- KOTLER, Philip and Gary ARMSTRONG. Marketing. Translated by Hana Machková. Praha: Grada, 2004. 855 s. ISBN 8024705133. info
- KOTLER, Philip. Marketing podle Kotlera :jak vytvářet a ovládnout nové trhy. Translated by Pavel Medek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Management Press, 2000. 258 s. ISBN 80-7261-010-4. info
- KARLÍČEK, Miroslav. Základy marketingu. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2013. 255 s. ISBN 9788024742083. info
- Teaching methods
- Immediate tuition is divided into 3 meetings. Content of the meetings is based on the teaching method seminar.
- Assessment methods
- Final written test (composed of a combination of open and closed questions), 3 team projects (POT) and their defense.
Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Pro připuštění ke zkoušce je třeba vypracovat a odevzdat, resp. prezentovat zadané POTy.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Přednášky jsou dostupné online a ze záznamu.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 12 hodin.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/BKH_MAR1