ESF:CKH_SPNC Assortment policy - Course Information
CKH_SPNC Assortment policy, purchase and pricingFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Alena Klapalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Alena Klapalová, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 9. 6. 13:00–16:40 S315, Wed 10. 6. 8:00–11:40 S315, 13:00–16:40 S315
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( TYP_STUDIA ( C ) && OBOR ( EMAOB ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Economics and Management in Trade - dm drogerie markt (programme ESF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the principles and importance of assortment policy, with the assortment planning process, the purchasing process, with the essence of pricing and with factors that influence the assortment policy, assortment selection, purchase, and pricing and with the methods and tools used in the relevant areas in retail.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student will:
- Understand the content and importance of merchandising, category management and their link to product policy
- understand the role of categories in assortment planning and assortment policy
- be able to apply assortment policy, merchandising and category management tools
- understand the creation and nature of purchasing strategy and sourcing
- understand pricing strategies
- understand and apply pricing methods
- able to use purchasing tools
- describe the factors affecting pricing
- understand the mechanism of price elasticity and the principle of willingness to pay and the relationship between customer value and price
- 1. Factors influencing assortment policy.
- 2. Merchandising and assortment policy.
- 3. Category management and assortment policy; role category in the assortment.
- 4. Demand management and ECR.
- 5. Assortment composition, REDUP principle and assortment planning.
- 6. Services in retail supply.
- 7. Factors influencing purchasing policy and purchasing processes.
- 8. Sourcing.
- 9. Purchasing process.
- 10. Pricing strategies, pricing policy and methods and approaches to pricing.
- 11. Price structure and price elasticity.
- 12. Price, value for the customer and willingness to pay.
- required literature
- MULAČOVÁ, Věra and Petr MULAČ. Obchodní podnikání ve 21. století. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2013. 520 s. ISBN 9788024747804. info
- ZAMAZALOVÁ, Marcela. Marketing obchodní firmy. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2009. 232 s. ISBN 9788024720494. info
- LUKOSZOVÁ, Xenie. Nákup a jeho řízení. Vyd. 1. Brno: Computer Press, 2004. xii, 170. ISBN 8025101746. info
- recommended literature
- TOPPS, G. and J. TAYLOR. Managing the Retail Supply Chain: Merchandising Strategies that Increase Sales and Improve Profitability. 1st ed. London: Kogan Page, 2018. ISBN 978-0-7494-8062-2. info
- BERMAN, Barry, Joel R. EVANS and Patrali CHATTERJEE. Retail management : a strategic approach. Thirteenth edition, global e. Harlow, England: Pearson, 2018. 592 stran. ISBN 9781292214672. info
- HAMMOND, Richard. Chytře vedená prodejna : jak mít více zákazníků a větší tržby. 3., aktualiz. a rozš. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2012. 196 s. ISBN 9788024741628. info
- HANNA, Nessim and Robert H. DODGE. Pricing : zásady a postupy tvorby cen. Vyd. 1. Praha: Management Press, 1997. 203 s. ISBN 8085943344. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, discussions, case studies solutions, solving the practical tasks to apply tools
- Assessment methods
- Completion of 2 tasks (40% of the total score) and a written test (60% of the total score). Tasks are scored from 0 to 5. The minimum score for each task is 2.5. The test consists of a combination of open and closed questions with a total of 30 points. A minimum of 18 points is required to pass the test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/CKH_SPNC