ESF:MPH_MGPS Managerial Psychology - Course Information
MPH_MGPS Managerial PsychologyFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Bc. Michal Ďuriník, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Jakub Procházka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Bc. Michal Ďuriník, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mgr. Jakub Procházka, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- each even Thursday 14:00–15:50 P304
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
MPH_MGPS/02: each odd Thursday 16:00–17:50 P304, M. Ďuriník, J. Procházka
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 48 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 35/48, only registered: 0/48
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Management (programme ESF, N-PEM)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to help students to effectively lead individuals, teams and organizations in environment of society 4.0 with modern psychological knowledge. The course builds on the bachelor courses Psychology for Economists and Management and complements the master course Human Resources Management.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- create evaulation and reward systems that support employees' motivation
- identify unreliable and invalid methods of employee selection and evaluation
- choose leadership style that supports employee performance
- identify heuristics a consider their impact on organization
- describe antecedents of work attitudes and their impact on organization
- avoid mistakes in creating work teams
- - Work motivation: how to set systems for motivation, evaluation and rewarding of employees in society 4.0
- - Work attitudes, engagement and performance: antecedents and consequences for organization
- - Validity and reliability of psychodiagnostics methods: how to choose and assess tools for selection and evaluation of employees
- - Persuasion and attitude change: application in negotiation, pricing and marketing
- - Teamwork: how to build effective and cooperative team
- - Psychology of leadership: how to lead people effectively
- required literature
- ARNOLD, John, Ray RANDALL, Fiona PATTERSON, Jo SILVESTER, Ivan T. ROBERTSON, Cary L. COOPER, Bernard BURNES, Don HARRIS and Carolyn AXTELL. Work psychology : understanding human behaviour in the workplace. Sixth edition. Harlow, England: Pearson, 2016. xix, 783. ISBN 9781292063409. info
- KAHNEMAN, Daniel. Myšlení - rychlé a pomalé. Translated by Eva Nevrlá. Vydání první. V Brně: Jan Melvil, 2012. 542 stran. ISBN 9788087270424. info
- CIALDINI, R. Harnessing the science of persuasion. Harvard Business Review, Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 2001, R0109D, p. 72-79. ISSN 0017-8012. info
- SUNSTEIN, C. Nudging: a very short guide. Journal of Consumer Policy, 2014, vol. 37, No 538, p. 1-7. info
- recommended literature
- WOODS, Stephen A. and Michael A. WEST. The psychology of work and organizations. Andover: South-Western/Cengage Learning, 2010. xviii, 598. ISBN 9781408018866. info
- KULHAVÝ, Viktor and Jakub PROCHÁZKA. Cvičebnice pro předmět Řízení lidských zdrojů. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2015. 186 pp. URL info
- PROCHÁZKA, Jakub, Martin VACULÍK and Petr SMUTNÝ. Psychologie efektivního leadershipu (The Psychology of Effective Leadership). Praha: Grada, 2013. 152 pp. Psyché. ISBN 978-80-247-4646-3. URL info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, model situations and simulations, class discussion, group project, reading
- Assessment methods
- group project, small online tests, final test, bonus points for group presentation, active participation,
Student should attend at least 80 % of seminars, get at least 50 % of points for group project, at least 50 % points from final test and in total at least 60 % of available points.
A 87 and more, B 80-86 %, C 74-79%, D 67-73 %, E 60-66%
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MPH_MGPS