ESF:MPV_COMA Comm & Manag. Skills Training - Course Information
MPV_COMA Communication and Managerial Skills TrainingFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 4 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Ing. Jan Řezáč (lecturer), doc. PhDr. Růžena Lukášová, CSc. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Růžena Lukášová, CSc.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- ! MPV_RKMD Communication and Man. Skills && ! NOW ( MPV_RKMD Communication and Man. Skills )
To be enrolled in the course MPV_COMA student cannot have completed or currently registered course MPV_RKMD.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 24 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/24, only registered: 0/24
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to provide students with basic knowledge of effective communication for management and, using training methods, to develop students’ communication skills necessary for managing employees and negotiating with partners outside an organization. The introductory blocks concentrate on basic communication skills necessary for efficiency of communication process, the following blocks focus on the development of selected managerial skills.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should have knowledge and skills to be able to: - be effective at conveying information; - be effective at asking questions, listening, making arguments; - apply assertive style of communication; - prepare and make effective oral presentation; - negotiate; - lead an appraisal interview.
- 1. Introduction, requirements for granting a credit. Communication process, verbal and nonverbal communication. Significance of effective communication for management, possibilities and methods for the development of communication skills.
- 2. Basic communication skills. Principles of effective verbal communication. Asking questions - question types, advantages and disadvantages of individual types. Active listening – significance of listening, development of listening skills. Efficient argumentation and persuasion - choice of arguments, formulation of arguments, building arguments.
- 3. Assertiveness and its significance. Assertive, passive and aggressive behavior - characteristics, consequences for managerial work. Assertive rights, assertive techniques. Intrapersonal and interpersonal contribution of assertive thinking and behavior.
- 4. Effective presentation. Preparation and structure of presentation, effective verbal and nonverbal communication during presentation. Visual aids and their significance, principles of their effective use.
- 5. Personality communication types, efficient strategies for dealing with particular types.
- 6. Interviews with colleagues – kinds, significance, principles of effective leadership. Selection interview, assessment interview. Preparation for and principles of effective realization.
- 7. Negotiating. Preparation for negotiating, negotiating styles. Individual and team negotiation.
- required literature
- HARGIE, Owen, David DICKSON and Dennis TOURISH. Communication skills for effective management. First edition. Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan, 2004. viii, 488. ISBN 9780333965757. info
- HYNES, Geraldine E. Managerial communication : strategies and applications. Sixth edition. Los Angeles: Sage, 2016. xxi, 433. ISBN 9781483358550. info
- O'BRIEN, Paddy. Positive management : assertiveness for managers. 1st ed. London: Nicholas Brealey, 1992. ix, 166. ISBN 9781857880083. info
- recommended literature
- FADEM, Terry J. The art of asking : ask better questions, get better answers. First edition. Upper Saddle River: Pearson Education, 2008. xviii, 205. ISBN 9780137144242. info
- Teaching methods
- The course takes the form of both lectures and seminars. Lectures are focused on explaining basic theory, the purpose of seminars is on the basis of training methods (role playing, model situations, training videofilms) to develop communication and managerial skills of students.
- Assessment methods
- Because of the objective of the course (training of communication and managerial skills), seminars are compulsory (one unexcused absence at seminars is allowed).
Requirements for granting a credit: attendance at seminars (one unexcused absence at seminars is allowed), elaboration of an assigned topic and its presentation, a knowledge test (minimum level of knowledge 60%).
Presentation topics (students can choose): 1) results of the student’s thesis, 2) student’s own topic (within the scope of the studied field), the aim of the presentation being either to convey information or to persuade (it is necessary to choose one of the aims).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Students who have this course as compulsory course in their recommended study plan have to coplete this course with an examination (zk type)
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: Výuka probíhá blokovou formou.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Pro zapsání MPV_COMA nesmí mít student absolvovaný nebo současně registrovaný MPV_RKMD.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses