FI:I502 Algorithms I - Course Information
I502 Design of Algorithms IFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- RNDr. Libor Škarvada (lecturer), doc. RNDr. Tomáš Pitner, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Mojmír Křetínský, CSc.
Department of Computer Science - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Libor Škarvada
- Tue 18:00–19:50 D1, Thu 9:00–10:50 D1
- ! U212 Design of Algorithms for CS IV && (! I002 Algorithms I )&&(! NOW ( I002 Algorithms I ))
Taking on I065 Seminar on Design of Algorithms I together with this course is recommended. It is assumed that the students have no problems with coding simple algorithms in some functional and in some imperative language.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Informatics (programme FI, B-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-SS)
- Information Technology (programme FI, B-IN)
- Course objectives
- The subject of the study is basic data structures and algorithms.
- Programming paradigms, expressions, commands, state.
- Correctness of algorithms, preconditions, postconditions, partial correctness, convergence. Verification methods.
- Growth of functions. Recurrences, summations.
- Computation length, algorithm complexity, problem complexity.
- Basic data structures (lists, trees, graphs, arrays).
- Searching, search trees.
- Sorting, lower bound of sorting algorithms. Quick Sort, Merge Sort, Heap Sort.
- Combinatorial and graph algorithms. Shortest Path, Minimum Spanning Tree.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Kurs veden formou přednášek a je ukončen závěrečnou písemnou zkouškou.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2002/I502