FI:PV136 DB Systems Seminar - Course Information
PV136 DB Systems SeminarFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Jan Pazdziora, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Jan Pazdziora, Ph.D.
- Tue 18:00–19:50 B411, Tue 18:00–19:50 X Datový projektor
- ! P136 DB Systems Seminar
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Database related projects of students at FI often show that students have substantial theoretical background, but often use the database server suboptimally. My motivation is to show enough examples of practical use of database systems, so that the future resutls are better.
- Client - server architecture.
- Procedural SQL.
- Data integrity using database and user mechanisms.
- Transaction models and transaction isolation.
- Error recovery.
- Locking methods.
- Processes in database system, management.
- Různá literatura.
- Sylaby přednášek, dokumentované příklady
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught only once.
- Teacher's information