FI:PV136 DB Systems Seminar - Course Information
PV136 DB Systems SeminarFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Miroslav Křipač, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Miroslav Křipač, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- each even Tuesday 8:00–9:50 C525
- PB154 Database Systems recommended.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 44 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course provides practical expirence with database application development and database systems production. Main objectives can be summarized as follows: - To learn database systems fundamentals. - To apply new database management trends to practices.
- Learning outcomes
- understand database system architecture; maintain and tune database systems
- Database Systems Architecture Overview
- Oracle DBMS Architecture
- Efficient Database Applications
- Performance Tuning
- Database Systems Hardware
- Database Clusters
- Databases and Clouds
- Sylaby přednášek, dokumentované příklady
- Různá literatura.
- Teaching methods
- presentations by students
- Assessment methods
- individual projects, final discussion
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.