FI:PV136 DB Systems Seminar - Course Information
PV136 DB Systems SeminarFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Miroslav Křipač, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Miroslav Křipač, Ph.D.
- Wed 8:00–9:50 B204
- ! P136 DB Systems Seminar
PB154 Database Systems recommended.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 17 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Database related projects of students at often show that students have substantial theoretical background, but often use the database server suboptimally. My motivation is to show enough examples of practical use of database systems, so that the future resutls are better.
- Client - server architecture.
- Procedural SQL.
- Data integrity using database and user mechanisms.
- Transaction models and transaction isolation.
- Error recovery.
- Locking methods.
- Processes in database system, management.
- Různá literatura.
- Sylaby přednášek, dokumentované příklady
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information