FI:PV062 File Structures - Course Information
PV062 File StructuresFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc.
- Wed 12:00–13:50 D3
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! P062 File Structures &&! P562 File Structures
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 230 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/230, only registered: 0/230, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/230
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- File structures, model of the logical memory for file organization, sequential organizations, index-sequential and indexed organizations, hashing, direct organizations, implementation of basic file organizations, B-trees and its variants, dynamic hashing schemes, introduction to information theory, coding, data reduction, data compression algorithms.
- File structures - basic overview, abstract data type
- Query types, model of the logical memory for file organization.
- Sequential organizations
- index-sequential and indexed organizations
- Hashing, direct organizations. Implementation of basic organizations.
- Graphs and tress
- Search trees, B-trees and its variants
- Dynamic hashing schemes - extendible hashing, linear hashing
- Implementation scheme
- Introduction to information theory, coding,
- Data reduction, data compression algorithms.
- FOLK, Michael J., Bill ZOELLICK and Greg RICCARDI. File structures :an object-oriented approach with C++. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, 1998. xxiv, 724. ISBN 0-201-87401-6. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- přednáška, písemná zkouška
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.