FI:PV062 File Structures - Course Information
PV062 File StructuresFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc.
- Wed 10:00–11:50 D1
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 230 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/230, only registered: 0/230, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/230
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 42 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able
understand and explain data coding
apply data compressing algorithms
use file systems interfaces
apply indexing and hashing to file structures
- Information theory, data coding techniques
- Data Compression
- Secondary Memories
- File systems
- Sequential Files Organization
- Indexes, Index-Sequential File Organization, Inverted File Organization
- Hashing, hash index tables, Direct Access File Organization
- Trees, B+ tress, B trees
- GARCIA-MOLINA, Hector, Jeffrey D. ULLMAN and Jennifer WIDOM. Database system implementation. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 2000. xv, 653 s. ISBN 0-13-040264-8. info
- FOLK, Michael J., Bill ZOELLICK and Greg RICCARDI. File structures :an object-oriented approach with C++. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, 1998. xxiv, 724. ISBN 0-201-87401-6. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.