FI:PV062 File Structures - Course Information
PV062 File StructuresFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- Mgr. Vladimír Pečený (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc.
- Wed 12:00–13:50 D1
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! P062 File Structures &&! P562 File Structures
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 230 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/230, only registered: 0/230, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/230
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The objectives of the course are understand the principles and main techniques of file structure design and implement the main techniques of file structure design within a file system.
- Information theory, data coding techniques
- Data Compression
- Secondary Memories
- File systems
- Sequential Files Organization
- Indexes, Index-Sequential File Organization, Inverted File Organization
- Hashing, hash index tables, Direct Access File Organization
- Trees, B+ tress, B trees
- FOLK, Michael J., Bill ZOELLICK and Greg RICCARDI. File structures :an object-oriented approach with C++. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, 1998. xxiv, 724. ISBN 0-201-87401-6. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- přednáška, písemná zkouška
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.