PV004 UNIXFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Miroslav Křipač, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Lukáš Másilko (assistant)
Mgr. Zdeněk Zikán (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
- Thu 12:00–13:50 D1
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The students of this course will be introduced to the general principles of the UNIX operation system. At the end of this course, students should know the Shell and should be able to program shell scripts.
- UNIX history, main features, system access.
- System structure: file systems, processes.
- Access rights.
- User interface: shell and its programming.
- Text processing: regular expressions, editors, text processing commands.
- Setting of the user environment.
- Multi-user communication, status of the system.
- Assessment methods
- The course contains facultative lectures and continuous e-learning testing in IS MU. The emphasis is laid on individual independent and continuous computer work during the term. The course is finished by a written examination in the form of a test.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information