FI:VB040 English II - seminar - Course Information
VB040 English II - seminarFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Martin Dvořák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Ivana Tulajová (lecturer)
Mgr. Vojtěch Hubr (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Karel Svačina, M.A. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Šťastný (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Karel Štěpka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Ivana Tulajová
Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: PhDr. Ivana Tulajová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VB040/01: Mon 10:00–11:50 C511, K. Svačina
VB040/02: Mon 12:00–13:50 C511, K. Svačina
VB040/03: Tue 8:00–9:50 C511, K. Svačina
VB040/04: Tue 10:00–11:50 C511, K. Svačina
VB040/05: Thu 8:00–9:50 C525, K. Svačina
VB040/06: Thu 16:00–17:50 C525, K. Štěpka
- NOW ( VB036 English II )|| SOUHLAS
The enrollment in the course requires that the student enroll in VB036 at the same time.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 21 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- VB040 represents a complementary course to VB036 taught in the same semester. Its aim is thorough revision of English taught in VB036 by means of drilling exercises and additional conversation. For further information see the VB036 syllabus. Main objectives of the course can be summarized as follows: to develop communications skills (taking part in discussions and giving a short presentation); to improve fluency through discussion activities; to increase IT vocabulary; to create confidence in using the language.
- VB040 represents a complementary course to VB036 taught in the same semester. The course is designed to develop students' communication skills and to improve their knowledge and understanding of English grammar. The students coming to a seminar without their homework will be considered absent from it. The topics discussed are the same as in VB036.
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy I. Fortuna 2000. ISBN: 80-7168-732-4
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy II. Fortuna 2000. ISBN: 80-7168-733-2
- E.H. Glendinning, J. McEwan: Oxford English for Information Technology. Oxford University Press 2006. ISBN - 13:978 0 19 457 4921
- VB035 and VB036 lecture materials
- Teaching methods
- drills, homework, discussions, presentations
- Assessment methods
- At the end of the course students will give a short presentation on a computer-related subject of their choice. Regular attendance and doing assignments are important.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information