FI:VB040 Presentations in English II - Course Information
VB040 Presentations in English IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Eva Rudolfová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zdeněk Janík, M.A., Ph.D. (assistant)
PhDr. Ivana Tulajová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Eva Rudolfová
Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Mgr. Eva Rudolfová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VB040/01: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Tue 10:00–11:50 A319, E. Rudolfová
VB040/02: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Tue 14:00–15:50 A319, E. Rudolfová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 54 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- VB040 represents a complementary course to VB036 taught in the same semester. Its aim is a thorough revision of English taught in VB036 by means of additional exercises and conversation. For further information see the VB036 syllabus. Main objectives of the course can be summarized as follows: to develop communications skills (taking part in discussions and giving a short presentation); to improve fluency through discussion activities; to increase IT vocabulary; to create confidence in using the language.
- Learning outcomes
- Main objectives of the course can be summarized as follows: to develop communications skills (taking part in discussions and giving a short presentation); to improve fluency through discussion activities; to increase IT vocabulary; to create confidence in using the language.
- tailored to students´ needs
- recommended literature
- VERMAAT, Misty, Susan L. SEBOK, Steven M. FREUND, Jennifer T. CAMPBELL and Mark FRYDENBERG. Discovering computers 2016 : tools, apps, devices, and the impact of technology. [Boston]: Cengage Learning, 2016. 1 svazek. ISBN 9781305391857. info
- PRODROMOU, Luke. Grammar and vocabulary for Cambridge first : for students preparing for the Cambridge English First exam. Second edition. Harlow: Pearson Education Limited, 2012. 319 stran. ISBN 9781447903055. info
- Teaching methods
- class discussions, presentations, home preparation
- Assessment methods
- At the end of the course, students will give a short presentation on a computer-related subject of their choice. The presentation may be evaluated by external university partners. Regular attendance and doing assignments are important.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.