FI:PV239 Mobile Application Development - Course Information
PV239 Mobile Application DevelopmentFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/1. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Jaroslav Škrabálek (lecturer)
RNDr. Bc. Jonáš Ševčík (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Dubrovský (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vanda Cabanová (seminar tutor)
Bc. Marcel Brož (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Fri 12:00–15:50 B311
- ( PB161 C++ Programming || PB162 Java ) && SOUHLAS
An advanced knowledge of programming.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 36 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/36, only registered: 0/36, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/36
- Course objectives
- The course is focusing on concepts of the mobile application development, which is modern and current trend of software development. Within the course mainly particular specifics and concepts of mobile platforms will be introduced. Furthermore, architecture and development principles for Apple iOS (iPhone/iPad), Google Android and Microsoft Windows Phone 8 (major current mobile platforms) will be presented. Finally, the student teams will work on a project - a mobile application - that help them to understand design and development of mobile applications in practice.
At the end of this course the student should:
- know the tasks, tools and techniques accompanying the development process of mobile applications
- know specifics of all three major mobile platforms - iOS, WP and Android
- be familiar with XCode, Visual Studio environment and Android add-ons.
- Introduction to the development and specifics of mobile platforms
- Basics of mobile user interface
- Programming concepts for iOS platfom
- Architecture and SDK of iOS platform
- Programming concepts for Android platfom
- Architecture and SDK of Android platform
- Programming concepts for Windows Phone 7 platfom
- Architecture and SDK of Windows Phone 7 platform
- • Professional Windows Phone 7 Application Development, Wrox, ISBN-10: 0470891661
- • Professional Android 2 Application Development , Wrox, 2010, ISBN-10: 0470565527
- • iPhone Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2010, ISBN-10: 0321706242
- • Pro Android 2, Apress, 2010, ISBN-10: 1430226595
- Teaching methods
- seminar, compulsory attendance, team project
- Assessment methods
- The course is based on active, student centered learning. Students are expected to work in teams of about 3 persons to elaborate project in a self-directed way and to prepare presentation (lasting for about 10 minutes) and simple online materials for all participants. The course evaluation will take into account the students’ active participation and online phases, the materials elaborated, the quality of the presentation, and will include an element of self-evaluation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses