FI:PV239 Mobile Application Development - Course Information
PV239 Mobile Application DevelopmentFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/1. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Roman Jašek (seminar tutor)
Ing. Jan Maděra (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Rastislav Mirek (seminar tutor)
Bc. Michal Škrobák (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Turcovský (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lubomír Pisk (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Wed 10:00–11:50 A217
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PV239/Android2: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Thu 18:00–19:50 A218, M. Škrobák
PV239/Android3: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Mon 18:00–19:50 A319, J. Maděra
PV239/iOS: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Wed 16:00–17:50 A319, R. Mirek
PV239/Xamarin: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Thu 8:00–9:50 B117, R. Jašek
- ( PB161 C++ Programming || PB162 Java ) && SOUHLAS
Advanced knowledge of programming that should be detailed in the request for course enrolment. The request should also mention the platform that the student prefers and their motivation for course enrolment.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 42/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on concepts of the mobile application development, which is a modern and current trend of software development. Within the course, mainly particular specifics and concepts of mobile platforms will be introduced. Furthermore, architecture and development principles for Google Android, Apple iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Xamarin (multi-platform development) will be presented. Finally, teams of students will work on a project - a mobile application - that help them understand design and development of mobile applications in practice.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will:
- know the tasks, tools and techniques accompanying the development process of mobile applications;
- know specifics of the major mobile platforms - Android and iOS - and multi-platform development with Xamarin;
- be familiar with Android Studio (for Google Android), XCode (for iOS application), and Visual Studio (for Xamarin) in all important aspects.
- Introduction to the development and specifics of mobile platforms
- Programming concepts, architecture and SDK for the Android platform
- Programming concepts, architecture and SDK for the iOS platform
- Concepts of multi-platform development and the Xamarin platform
- Basics of user interface design for mobile devices
- Mobile platform security
- recommended literature
- The Swift Programming Language (Swift 2.1), available at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/swift-programming-language/id881256329.
- Teaching methods
- seminar form, compulsory attendance, team project
- Assessment methods
- The course is based on active, student-centered learning. As an output of the course, students are expected to work in teams of 2-3 persons to elaborate a project and to give a presentation (lasting 5 minutes) for other participants of the course.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2020/PV239