FI:PV239 Mobile Application Development - Course Information
PV239 Mobile Application DevelopmentFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/1. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jakub Dubrovský (seminar tutor)
Ing. Roman Jašek (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lubomír Pisk (seminar tutor)
Bc. Marek Sedlák (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Turcovský (seminar tutor)
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- ( PB161 C++ Programming || PB162 Java ) && SOUHLAS
Advanced knowledge of programming that should be detailed in the request for course enrolment. The request should also mention the platform that the student prefers, and their motivation for course enrolment.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/50, only registered: 83/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on concepts of the mobile application development, which is a modern and current trend of software development. Within the course, mainly particular specifics and concepts of mobile platforms will be introduced. Furthermore, architecture and development principles for Google Android, Apple iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Xamarin (multi-platform development) will be presented. Finally, teams of students will work on a project - a mobile application - that help them understand design and development of mobile applications in practice.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will:
- know the tasks, tools and techniques accompanying the development process of mobile applications;
- know specifics of the major mobile platforms - Android and iOS - and multi-platform development with Xamarin;
- be familiar with Android Studio (for Google Android), XCode (for iOS application), and Visual Studio (for Xamarin) in all important aspects.
- Introduction to the development and specifics of mobile platforms
- Programming concepts, architecture and SDK for the Android platform
- Programming concepts, architecture and SDK for the iOS platform
- Concepts of multi-platform development and the Xamarin platform
- Basics of user interface design for mobile devices
- Mobile platform security
- recommended literature
- The Swift Programming Language (Swift 2.1), available at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/swift-programming-language/id881256329.
- Teaching methods
- seminar form, compulsory attendance, team project
- Assessment methods
- The course is based on active, student centered learning. Students are expected to work in teams of 2-3 persons to elaborate project in a self-directed way and to prepare a presentation (lasting for 4 minutes) and simple online materials for all participants. The course evaluation will take into account the students’ active participation and online phases, the materials elaborated, and the quality of the presentation.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2019/PV239