FI:PV191 Project from Digit.Syst. - Course Information
PV191 Project from Designing Digital SystemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Veškrna (lecturer)
Mgr. Filip Roth (seminar tutor)
Ahmad Abbadi, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Fri 10:00–11:50 A415
- A prerequisite is a completion of courses PA174-Design of the Digital Systems-II and PA176-Architecture of the Digital Systems-II or PV170-Konstrukce číslicových systémů and PV172-Architektura číslicových systémů.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 70 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is suitable for students who are processing final theses. One is aimed at practical solutions of the particular problems of digital systems development. The aim is to gain practical experience and skills in implementation and management of research and development activities related to the analysis, design, and implementation of specialized circuits, digital system.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to: independent work in the design and implementation of the digital system
- IRDa port design, market analysis
- Data transmission using IRDa
- Current RF technology data transmission, market analysis
- Design of security device using RF data communication
- Freescale digital barometer data processing with barometric pressure display
- Touch graphical display control application
- Position and altitude display using GPS module
- MEMSIC accelerometer data filtration - inclinometer
- Hitachi Compass module control, azimuth measurement
- Humidity and temperature module data processing – display application
- Distance measurement using ultrasonic rangefinder module with object counter using reflexive IR module
- 3. HDL - Chip Design, Douglas J. Smith, ISBN 0-9651934-3-8
- Qiug Li with Caroline Yao: Real Tme Concepts for Embeded Systems. CMP Books
- Teaching methods
- Individual or group project.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination rests on a defense of the design and implementation of the particular project.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2020/PV191