The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 16 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/16, only registered: 0/16
Fields of study the course is directly associated with
there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
The main objectives of the course are the following:
- to introduce the correct and safe way of execution of workouts on strenghtening machines
- to introduce training methods (f.ex. reduce of fat, development of muscle strenght, development of muscle endurance etc.)
- to make a list of strenghtening excercises for different parts of body (legs, arms, abdomine…..)
- to introduce others accessories used in gym (f.ex. over balls, fit balls, bosu, dynabends, etc.) suitable for strenghting of different muscle groups
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- to know how to execute excercises safely and correctly
- to create a list of strenghtening excercises on machines
- to apply these excercises in practice.
1. Parts of training course
2. Correct execution of excercises on machines
3. Strenghtening excercises for different parts of body
4. Types of training
5. Training methods
POWERS, Scott K. and Edward T. HOWLEY. Exercise physiology : theory and applications to fitness and performance. 8th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2012. xv, 587. ISBN 9780071316262. info
DELAVIER, Frédéric and Michael GUNDILL. Delavier's core training anatomy. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics, 2010. 144 p. ISBN 9781450413992. info
DELAVIER, Frédéric, Jean-Pierre CLÉMENCEAU and Michael GUNDILL. Delavier's stretching anatomy. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics, 2010. 143 p. ISBN 9781450413985. info
DELAVIER, Frédéric and Michael GUNDILL. The strength training anatomy workout II. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics, 2010. 351 p. ISBN 9781450419895. info
DELAVIER, Frédéric. Posilování : anatomický průvodce. Translated by Štěpán Timr. České Budějovice: Kopp, 2007. 144 s. ISBN 9788072323111. info
HOFFMAN, Jay. Norms for fitness, performance, and health. Champaign: Human Kinetics, 2006. ix, 221. ISBN 0736054839. info
HOFFMAN, Jay. Physiological aspects of sport training and performance. Champaign: Human Kinetics, 2002. vii, 343 s. ISBN 0-7360-3424-2. info
practise excercises, theoretical part
attendance, presentation (warm up, correct execution of requested strenthening excercises on machine for different muscle groups)
Language of instruction
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.