e018 FitnessFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Pavlína Vaculíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Pavlína Vaculíková, Ph.D.
Department of Gymnastics and Combatives - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Andrea Kakulidu
Supplier department: Department of Gymnastics and Combatives - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course are the following:
- to introduce the correct and safe way of execution of workouts on strenghtening machines
- to introduce training methods (f.ex. reduce of fat, development of muscle strenght, development of muscle endurance etc.)
- to make a list of strenghtening excercises for different parts of body (legs, arms, abdomine…..)
- to introduce others accessories used in gym (f.ex. over balls, fit balls, bosu, dynabends, etc.) suitable for strenghting of different muscle groups
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- to know how to execute excercises safely and correctly
- to create a list of strenghtening excercises on machines
- to apply these excercises in practice.
- 1. Parts of training course
- 2. Correct execution of excercises on machines
- 3. Strenghtening excercises for different parts of body
- - legs
- - arms
- - shoulders
- - chest
- - abdomines
- - gluteus
- - back
- 4. Types of training
- 5. Training methods
- 7. Stretching
- recommended literature
- POWERS, Scott K. and Edward T. HOWLEY. Exercise physiology : theory and applications to fitness and performance. 8th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2012. xv, 587. ISBN 9780071316262. info
- DELAVIER, Frédéric and Michael GUNDILL. Delavier's core training anatomy. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics, 2010. 144 p. ISBN 9781450413992. info
- DELAVIER, Frédéric, Jean-Pierre CLÉMENCEAU and Michael GUNDILL. Delavier's stretching anatomy. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics, 2010. 143 p. ISBN 9781450413985. info
- DELAVIER, Frédéric and Michael GUNDILL. The strength training anatomy workout II. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics, 2010. 351 p. ISBN 9781450419895. info
- DELAVIER, Frédéric. Posilování : anatomický průvodce. Translated by Štěpán Timr. České Budějovice: Kopp, 2007. 144 s. ISBN 9788072323111. info
- HOFFMAN, Jay. Norms for fitness, performance, and health. Champaign: Human Kinetics, 2006. ix, 221. ISBN 0736054839. info
- HOFFMAN, Jay. Physiological aspects of sport training and performance. Champaign: Human Kinetics, 2002. vii, 343 s. ISBN 0-7360-3424-2. info
- Teaching methods
- practise excercises, theoretical part
- Assessment methods
- attendance, presentation (warm up, correct execution of requested strenthening excercises on machine for different muscle groups)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.